Author Topic: Portland families forced to sell their homes as concerns mount over homeless camps  (Read 1006 times)

Offline libertybele

Battle Portland ring a bell??  Didn't they decide to defund the police?  I also believe (if I'm recalling correctly) that they voted to allow people to take up homes on already owned properties.  I hope these people stay the heck out of FL!!!

Portland families forced to sell their homes as concerns mount over homeless camps

Residents in a Portland neighborhood are resorting to selling their homes and moving due to homeless encampments right outside their front doors. 

"It’s a little scary because I know there is mental illness and that concerns me," one North Portland resident Maria Inocencio told KGW8.

Residents of North Portland said at least three families on one street have left in recent days due to the homeless camps, and KGW8 reported seeing for sale signs up and down streets.

"I would say the migration to the suburbs, I’ve seen quite a bit in the last two years," real estate broker Lauren Iaquinta said. "Most people don’t want to have to worry about if they can leave their car parked in their driveway overnight without maybe having it broken into. It’s a pretty testy subject."................

https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-families-forced-sell-homes-homeless-encampment-really-dire-straits
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You get the representation you vote for, but not what you need.  SO suck it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who are they selling their homes to?....who would buy them? 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline verga

Okay, that is exactly the question I had.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

My hunch is they are selling at a loss to the highest bidder.  Perhaps to slumlords? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Bet they got top dollar too.

Get what you vote for.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's hope they leave their wokeness in Portland.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Who are they selling their homes to?....who would buy them?"

Perhaps the "We Buy Houses" guys...?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Real estate speculators, drug dealers, and human traffickers.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Does Portland allow the "homeless" to squat on private property?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well sometimes you get the representation others voted for.

Offline aligncare

Well sometimes you get the representation others voted for.

That’s a fact jack. None of the candidates I voted for in liberal NYC ever get elected, except for Giuliani.

Offline libertybele

That’s a fact jack. None of the candidates I voted for in liberal NYC ever get elected, except for Giuliani.

Giuliani is in deep doo doo right now.  I think we might see him doing some jail time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Watch the Chinese buy 'em up cheap, bring in private 'security' and clean up the neighborhood after they own it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The question is "Who is buying them and what are the selling prices?"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

The same people who fund the ANTIFA crowd that is doing all the rioting. Watch what happens to the rioters once these people decide there is no more profits to be obtained from continuing to support Afta and the other left-wing loons,

Offline roamer_1

The question is "Who is buying them and what are the selling prices?"

@sneakypete

Oh, that ain't dumb... After all this resolves and the area starts going through a renaissance, it would be interesting to see who picked up all the pieces. Portland gets an NFL team and a new stadium goes up where? Hmmm. What a coincidence that would be...  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Oh, that ain't dumb... After all this resolves and the area starts going through a renaissance, it would be interesting to see who picked up all the pieces. Portland gets an NFL team and a new stadium goes up where? Hmmm. What a coincidence that would be...  :beer:

@roamer_1

You will never go wrong if you play "Follow the money".