Author Topic: John Roberts’ Failure To Bring Dobbs Leaker To Justice Sets A Dangerous Precedent  (Read 924 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
John Roberts’ Failure To Bring Dobbs Leaker To Justice Sets A Dangerous Precedent

It’s a dangerous precedent if overtly political figures operating at the high court can leak decisions ahead of their release without fear of repercussion.

More than 100 days have passed since the infamous leak of the U.S. Supreme Court’s majority draft opinion in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization and Americans are still no closer to finding out the identity of the leaker than the day the draft decision was published.

Not long after its publication in Politico on May 2, Chief Justice John Roberts released a public statement confirming the authenticity of the draft opinion, while also announcing the launch of an internal investigation to identify the leaker.

“This was a singular and egregious breach of that trust that is an affront to the Court and the community of public servants who work here,” Roberts said. “I have directed the Marshal of the Court to launch an investigation into the source of the leak.”...

Excerpt: More at headline link
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

The Supreme Court’s Public Information Office did not respond to The Federalist’s inquiry as to whether the investigation ordered by Roberts remains ongoing or if the individual responsible for the draft opinion’s leak has been identified.

@Bigun

Other than John Robert's word, precisely what evidence do we have that an investigation is actually occurring or that one has been concluded?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Other than John Robert's word, precisely what evidence do we have that an investigation is actually occurring or that one has been concluded?

None!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

None!
@Bigun

Okay, then. So... ummmm.... as with so many other things... where the &^%*!! is the Republican leadership?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Okay, then. So... ummmm.... as with so many other things... where the &^%*!! is the Republican leadership?

:shrug:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

@Bigun

Where it typically is:  AWOL.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Where it typically is:  AWOL.

:yowsa:  pointing-up But I fail to see what the congress can do about the governance of SCOTUS.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:30:29 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

@Bigun

Pretty much nonexistent.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

:yowsa:  pointing-up But I fail to see what the congress can do about the governance of SCOTUS.

Yes, but their continued silence continues to speak volumes. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

@Bigun

And what Republican leadership do you see.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Kamaji

Interesting question.

Offline andy58-in-nh

The role of the GOP leadership in this context would not be to affect Supreme Court governance - they clearly cannot do that.

What they can do is to put political pressure on the Court to protect its own reputation and the personal security of the Justices themselves.           

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The role of the GOP leadership in this context would not be to affect Supreme Court governance - they clearly cannot do that.

What they can do is to put political pressure on the Court to protect its own reputation and the personal security of the Justices themselves.         

:yowsa: Absolutely they could do that.

- J. R. R. Tolkien