Author Topic: Ex-Dem congressman TJ Cox busted in fraud schemes worth over $3M  (Read 603 times)

Offline Kamaji

Ex-Dem congressman TJ Cox busted in fraud schemes worth over $3M

By Bruce Golding
August 16, 2022

A former Democratic congressman from California whose companies scored federal loans amid the COVID-19 pandemic was busted Tuesday in a series of scams — including one that helped fund his winning run for office.

Terrance John “T.J.” Cox, 59, of Fresno was charged in a 28-count indictment that accuses him of siphoning off more than $1.7 million from an almond-processing company he co-owned and fraudulently obtaining a $1.5 development loan, according to the Sacramento US Attorney’s Office.

Cox is also accused of arranging for friends and family members to make more than $25,000 in crooked contributions to his 2018 campaign.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/16/ex-dem-rep-tj-cox-busted-in-fraud-schemes-worth-over-3m/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ex-Dem congressman TJ Cox busted in fraud schemes worth over $3M
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:49:38 pm »
I guess the 10% check to the "Big Guy" bounced.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 12:52:30 pm »
I understand many news reports neglected to mention his party affiliation. Thank goodness for the NY Post, I guess!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 12:54:40 pm »
I understand many news reports neglected to mention his party affiliation. Thank goodness for the NY Post, I guess!

:thumbsup: