Author Topic: Why do kids keep falling from windows in military base housing?  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why do kids keep falling from windows in military base housing?
By Karen Jowers
 Aug 17, 06:09 AM

A military wife wants to get a message to families in military housing: The windows may not be safe for your children.

The mom — who asked not to be identified because of pressure from the installation and concern for her husband’s career — is speaking from experience. Her own child was injured when she fell about 15 feet from an upstairs window.

She is not alone: Fifteen children fell out of windows in privatized housing between 2017 and 2021, the latest year for which the Defense Department had figures. At least three more have fallen this year. Fortunately, none were killed in the past five years, but some suffered serious injuries. In 2011, however, a child was killed in a fall.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-military/2022/08/17/why-do-kids-keep-falling-from-windows-in-military-base-housing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson