Author Topic: US CONFIRMS SENDING HARM MISSILES AS UKRAINE WREAKS HAVOC ON RUSSIAN AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS  (Read 218 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US CONFIRMS SENDING HARM MISSILES AS UKRAINE WREAKS HAVOC ON RUSSIAN AIR DEFENSE SYSTEMS
Alex Hollings | August 9, 2022

The United States has now officially confirmed sending anti-radiation — or radar-hunting — missiles to Ukraine, as Ukrainian news outlets report a surge in destroyed Russian air defense systems over the past weekend. While the American statement did not specify the exact weapon, recent images of shrapnel uploaded by Russian forces in Ukraine suggest it’s the AGM-88 HARM missile.

According to the Ukraine-based Kyiv Post, Ukraine’s Army General Staff (AGS) estimates that Russian forces lost at least 17 air defense systems between Friday and Monday across Ukraine, though they did not specify how each of these systems had been destroyed. Subsequent to these claims, Ukraine’s Joint Defense Command South also claimed to have destroyed four S-300 systems on Sunday and a Pantsyr-S1 system on Monday — again, without specifying whether HARM missiles were involved or not.

The revelation that anti-radiation missiles like the HARM have been provided to Ukraine was a surprise to many (including this writer), as the Soviet-era tactical aircraft employed by Ukraine lack the necessary equipment to leverage NATO weapon systems. However, as Tyler Rogoway at The Warzone had pointed out prior to the American confirmation, the AGM-88 HARM missile could be leveraged in a number of ways. It now seems as though some Ukrainian MiG-29s may potentially have been lightly modified to fire these Western weapons.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/us-confirms-sending-harm-missiles-as-ukraine-wreaks-havoc-on-russian-air-defense-systems/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 05:15:05 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

"HARM" = High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile. The original AGM-88 replaced the Vietnam era Shrike and Standard ARM missiles. The AGM-88 is currently up to upgrade Rev "G".

The big news would be that Ukrainian Soviet-built planes have been adapted to being AGM-88 capable.

I won't predict the ultimate outcome of Putin's invasion, but: what Putin thought would take weeks is in its 6th month; front-line Russian planes and helos have been and are bring lost; front-line tanks are being lost to a degree that older, reserve, tanks are being renovated and deployed; Russian "smart" munitions stockpiles are getting depleted; Russian bases in Crimea are experiencing major sabotage approximately weekly; Russian depots once out of Ukrainian range are now coming under rocket artillery attack.

Even if Russia in some degree "wins", its military will have an equipment, experienced personnel, and leadership depletion that will take a decade or more to replenish.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.