Author Topic: Demings leads Rubio in heated Senate race, DeSantis remains voters' top choice for governor in new p  (Read 1993 times)

Offline libertybele

I don't hold too much stock in polls these days, but Rubio isn't exactly a popular Senator. While I'm not looking forward to a DEM Senator here in FL I will feel some kind of satisfaction if Marco the RINO loses his seat.

Demings leads Rubio in heated Senate race, DeSantis remains voters' top choice for governor in new poll

Democratic candidate Val Demings is leading GOP Sen. Marco Rubio in Florida's tight U.S. Senate race, while Nikki Fried tops opponents as most likely candidate to challenge Gov. Ron DeSantis in the November midterms, according to a new poll.

The University of North Florida released the results of a survey Tuesday that revealed Florida voters' choices for the state's gubernatorial and Senate primary races, while also looking ahead to November.

Demings, the former chief of police in Orlando and current congresswoman, was ahead in the Aug. 23 Democratic Senate primary with 80% support. Candidates Candace Daniel and Robert Willis lagged with less than 5% of the vote.

When Florida voters were asked about November's midterm Senate race, Demings came out on top against Rubio with 48% support to Rubio's 44%.

Elizabeth Gregory, spokeswoman for the Rubio campaign, reacted to the poll in a statement to Fox News Digital.

"This is Florida, and we’ve always said it would be a tight race," Gregory said. "This is a choice between Marco’s proven record of results and Val Demings, who votes 100% of the time for Pelosi’s failed agenda. Given that choice, we are more than confident that we will win."

"The more Florida voters know about Chief Demings, the more they like her," Demings' spokesperson Christian Slater told Fox News Digital in a statement. "That’s why we are laser-focused on aggressively introducing her to every corner of the state and bringing our message to every community. And our grassroots fundraising makes it possible. While Marco Rubio desperately begs for donations on Fox News, Chief Demings is building a campaign fueled by supporters who are fired up and ready to defeat a career politician who doesn’t show up for work."................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/demings-leads-rubio-heated-senate-race-desantis-remains-voters-top-choice-governor-new-poll
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:44:14 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

'Fried'... What, do you say that like 'freed'?

Because if you say it like it looks, I'd have to name my kids Chicken, Steak, and Green Tomatoes.

:laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If Demmings wins, it will be because Rubio did it to himself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
'Fried'... What, do you say that like 'freed'?

Because if you say it like it looks, I'd have to name my kids Chicken, Steak, and Green Tomatoes.

:laugh:

Fried or not...Her goose is cooked.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

The Senate is shaping up to be tough for the GOP this year. It’s still early, but early indications are that the GOP is going to really struggle to take the Senate.

With both Oz and Walker in trouble, and if the seat is lost, Democrats could actually expand their majority in the Senate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

The Senate is shaping up to be tough for the GOP this year. It’s still early, but early indications are that the GOP is going to really struggle to take the Senate.

With both Oz and Walker in trouble, and if the seat is lost, Democrats could actually expand their majority in the Senate

The Senate is pretty much RINO central anyway,  it's going to take a few election cycles to clean it out,   it's all about the House this time around.

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Offline LMAO

:facepalm2:

Once again, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It’s still early and the campaign season doesn’t get well underway until after Labor Day weekend. But I’m not as confident about the Senate as I am about the HOR

But many  a candidate who looked like a lost cause in Aug did go on to win their election in November.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

If Demmings wins, it will be because Rubio did it to himself.

In my books, he's already done it to himself.  He ran for president, gave up his Senate seat, and after he lost he stated that he was no longer interested in politics and then he decided he wanted his Senate seat back. Prior to that the Gang of Eight.  He's a RINO.  The Senate needs a DEM in his seat like a hole in the head, but one less RINO like Rubio IMO, the better.

I cannot and will not vote for anyone that gave into and joined the country club and Marco did so long ago.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In my books, he's already done it to himself.  He ran for president, gave up his Senate seat, and after he lost he stated that he was no longer interested in politics and then he decided he wanted his Senate seat back. Prior to that the Gang of Eight.  He's a RINO.  The Senate needs a DEM in his seat like a hole in the head, but one less RINO like Rubio IMO, the better.

I cannot and will not vote for anyone that gave into and joined the country club and Marco did so long ago.

Not going to argue with a word you said @libertybele but would point out that having control of the senate is a big deal. Let's not cede that to the Communists.

I have already notified the governor of my state that I will not be voting FOR him in November. I will  be voting against his opponent.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 09:18:56 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Not going to argue with a word you said @libertybele but would point out that having control of the senate is a big deal. Let's not cede that to the Communists.

So what do you do when some of the Republicans are also Communists?  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So what do you do when some of the Republicans are also Communists?  :shrug:

Sometimes in war you have to make distasteful choices. And we ARE at war.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Rubio could be a wet noodle at times.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

I have already notified the governor of my state that I will not be voting FOR him in November. I will  be voting against his opponent.

Voting against Rubio's opponent is one way of looking at it and yes, getting a majority in the Senate is a big deal, certainly McConnell doesn't help matters.

Help me out here; most of the Senate is comprised of RINO's and the sooner we get rid of them, the better.  Rubio losing his seat would be getting rid of one.

Along with everyone else, I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Voting against Rubio's opponent is one way of looking at it and yes, getting a majority in the Senate is a big deal, certainly McConnell doesn't help matters.

Help me out here; most of the Senate is comprised of RINO's and the sooner we get rid of them, the better.  Rubio losing his seat would be getting rid of one.

Along with everyone else, I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

IMHO, the time to get rid of RINOs is in primaries (witness Wyoming last night) not general elections.

Rubio might betray you at times but Val Demmings is a guaranteed vote against you on every issue!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:08:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

IMHO, the time to get rid of RINOs is in primaries (witness Wyoming last night) not general elections.

Rubio might betray you at times but Val Demmings is a guaranteed vote against you on every issue!

Yes, I see your point on both.

Offline roamer_1

That would be true except in that RINOs control the primaries. All they have to do is cut the money and media out from under their opponents in the primaries, and then they know they will get your vote in the general - That is how it has gone, over and over again, most of my life.

I REFUSE to vote for anything other than Conservative - All the various strategies have done is fill the Republican party with RINOs doing things I abhor.

No more. And never again. Them bastards have to GO. One way or the other.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
That would be true except in that RINOs control the primaries. All they have to do is cut the money and media out from under their opponents in the primaries, and then they know they will get your vote in the general - That is how it has gone, over and over again, most of my life.

I REFUSE to vote for anything other than Conservative - All the various strategies have done is fill the Republican party with RINOs doing things I abhor.

They only get away with that crap because WE let them! I'm not playing! I will vote for the candidate I choose not the one THEY choose for me! @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

I hear what you are saying, however, Rubio is running unopposed. That in itself is a problem  No one has stepped up to challenge him.

Offline roamer_1

They only get away with that crap because WE let them! I'm not playing! I will vote for the candidate I choose not the one THEY choose for me! @roamer_1

Then 'vote them out in the primary and vote the ticket in the general' remains false.
In optimal conditions it could be of service, but it remains false.

:beer:

Offline roamer_1

I hear what you are saying, however, Rubio is running unopposed. That in itself is a problem  No one has stepped up to challenge him.

Gang of Eight. He would not get my mark. I would walk on by and let the chips fall where they may.

How many times has the Go8 foiled Conservative advancements?
No way I would vote *FOR* more of that.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Then 'vote them out in the primary and vote the ticket in the general' remains false.
In optimal conditions it could be of service, but it remains false.

:beer:

We continue to disagree on this point.   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

Rubio has been squishy since 2020, but his lifetime ACU score is 88%.  That is lower than 17 other senators, and higher than 82.  He can be primaried if he drifts too far between now and 2028.  Keep in mind however, Florida is barely right of center.  I don't know if Rick Scott will survive 2024, but I do know if the dems get two more seats, you can say goodbye filibuster, goodbye supreme court, hello federal election-rigging, and the flag will have more stars on it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Rubio has been squishy since 2020, but his lifetime ACU score is 88%.  That is lower than 17 other senators, and higher than 82.  He can be primaried if he drifts too far between now and 2028.  Keep in mind however, Florida is barely right of center.  I don't know if Rick Scott will survive 2024, but I do know if the dems get two more seats, you can say goodbye filibuster, goodbye supreme court, hello federal election-rigging, and the flag will have more stars on it.

Sadly, that is all true.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: