Author Topic: UNF poll first to show Fried ahead of Crist. Some see a 'Nikki Surge'; others are skeptical.  (Read 502 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If Fried does pull it off that is good news.  Desantis will crush her like the dung beatle that she is.

Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum shocked Florida and the Democratic establishment four years ago with an upset over favorite Gwen Graham, a former moderate congresswoman.

A University of North Florida poll being released Tuesday morning indicates it could happen again.

It shows Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried with a four-percentage-point lead over rival Congressman Charlie Crist, only a week before the Aug. 23 Democratic gubernatorial primary.

The pair have been locked in a tense campaign to see who challenges incumbent Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis in November.

Polling has been scant in the race, with most showing at least 26% of voters undecided and Crist posting an average lead of 16.7 points in four polls conducted this year by three different organizations, according to RealClear Politics.

But Tuesday's UNF poll suggests Fried could pull off a primary surprise and make next week's primary a far closer contest to win the Democratic nomination for governor.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/elections/2022/08/16/nikki-fried-up-against-charlie-crist-unf-poll-florida-governor-race-democratic-primary/10306971002/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I think Fried is more of a threat than Crist.  Fried is female and she's a newbie.  Crist has been around the block more than a few times and was a lousy governor.  DeSantis would have an easier time defeating Crist.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Demings up by 4 points in challenge to Rubio: poll
by Caroline Vakil - 08/16/22 12:00 PM ET

Rep. Val Demings (D) leads Sen. Marco Rubio (R) by 4 percentage points in Florida’s Senate race, according to a poll released Tuesday.

The poll, released by the University of North Florida’s Public Opinion Research Lab, shows Demings with the support of 48 percent of surveyed registered voters who said they would vote in the midterms.

Rubio, in comparison, received 44 percent support, while 7 percent said they would choose someone else.

Broken down by party, 89 percent of Republican voters supported Rubio, in addition to 36 percent of voters who either had no party affiliation or whose political affiliation was termed “other.” The poll found that Demings was supported by 94 percent of Democratic voters and 46 percent of voters with no party affiliation. 

Florida’s Senate race is considered one of the most competitive this November and has been rated as “lean Republican” by the nonpartisan Cook Political Report.

Demings was among a slew of Senate Democratic challengers who posted impressive fundraising numbers in the past quarter. Demings’s campaign posted more than $12 million for the second quarter while the Florida Republican’s campaign raised more than $4 million, according to Florida Politics.

The poll was conducted Aug. 8-12 with a total sample of 1,624 registered voters, with an overall margin of error of 3.4 percentage points. The number of voters polled on the Florida Senate race was 1,534.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3603940-demings-up-by-4-points-in-challenge-to-rubio-poll/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think Fried is more of a threat than Crist.  Fried is female and she's a newbie.  Crist has been around the block more than a few times and was a lousy governor.  DeSantis would have an easier time defeating Crist.

I think you are wrong.  But we will see. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

I think you are wrong.  But we will see.

I can't imagine any idiot DEM voting for Crist. Yes, we shall see.  All I care about is DeSantis remaining our governor.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.