Author Topic: Navy Wants to Decommission 39 Warships in 2023  (Read 129 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Wants to Decommission 39 Warships in 2023
« on: August 16, 2022, 11:44:01 am »
Navy Wants to Decommission 39 Warships in 2023

By: Heather Mongilio
August 15, 2022 5:17 PM

The Navy wants to shed 39 ships in Fiscal Year 2023, with the first ship set to depart on Halloween.

The list, which includes five guided-missile cruisers and nine Littoral Combat Ships, was released Friday as an administrative message. However, the composition of the final list is far from a done deal. Included on the inactivation list are several ships that could be saved from decommissioning by provisions in the House and Senate versions of the National Defense Authorization Act, as well as the House version of the Appropriations Bill.

The inactivation schedule starts with the decommissioning of USNS Bob Hope (T-AKR-300)), USNS Fisher (T-AKR-301) and USNS Walter S Diehl (T-AO-193) on Oct. 31, 2022. The last ships scheduled for decommissioning are USS Gunston Hall (LSD-44) and USS St. Louis (LCS-19).

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=profile;u=117458
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 11:44:55 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy Wants to Decommission 39 Warships in 2023
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 11:46:35 am »
Another example of the Navy's ingenious plan to deter Chinese aggression! :banghead: 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson