Author Topic: Manchin admits 'Inflation Reduction Act' won't tame inflation for Americans anytime soon  (Read 344 times)

Offline libertybele

What a bleepin' idiot.  How stupid does he think people are .... he states ..."as the United States becomes more energy independent."  I hope everyone remembers that under President Trump we were energy independent!!!!! 

Manchin admits 'Inflation Reduction Act' won't tame inflation for Americans anytime soon

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., on Tuesday admitted that the Inflation Reduction Act won’t "immediately" temper inflation, telling reporters that the necessary investments needed to bring down prices would take some time.

Manchin’s comments came after President Biden signed the landmark climate change and health care bill into law on Tuesday, delivering what he has called the "final piece" of his pared-down domestic agenda. Though Democrats have labeled the measure the Inflation Reduction Act, nonpartisan analysts have said it will have a barely perceptible impact on prices.

Asked by Fox News reporter Hillary Vaughn whether it was misleading to call the bill the Inflation Reduction Act because it won’t make everyday goods less expensive, Manchin said, "Why would it?"

"Well, immediately it’s not," Manchin said. "We've never [said] anything would happen immediately, like turn the switch on and off."

Manchin said the market is anticipating the investments that will be made with the passing of the bill. Utility prices, for instance, will come down as the United States becomes more energy independent.............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/manchin-admits-inflation-reduction-act-wont-tame-inflation-americans-anytime-soon
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

Manchin admits 'Inflation Reduction Act' won't tame inflation for Americans anytime soon or ever for that matter is what the lying DCP disciple should have said. In fact it will accelerate inflation and make thing worse as usual.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:44:20 am by Killer Clouds »

Online LMAO

These people should hang from the tallest lamp post.

They oversold this bill and now that it passed, they're trying to backtrack. More spending, taxes, and regulation in a time of historic inflation and a recession

Now we all get to experience the results
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:48:57 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

These people should hang from the tallest lamp post.

They oversold this bill and now that it passed, they're trying to backtrack. More spending, taxes, and regulation in a time of historic inflation and a recession

Manchin deserves to lose his seat; I wonder how much Chuckie paid him or promised him to get him to sign onto this? He is just as evil and despicable as the rest of the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

Manchin deserves to lose his seat;

He has given a challenger an opening.

If there is anyone from W VA here, what do the people of the state think of him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy