Author Topic: Biden signs $739 billion Inflation Reduction Act into law, slams GOP for voting against the tax, cli  (Read 971 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 16, 2022 4:16pm EDT
Biden signs $739 billion Inflation Reduction Act into law, slams GOP for voting against the tax, climate deal
Biden criticized Republicans for voting against the massive social spending, tax and climate change bill

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act into law on Tuesday, saying "the American people won and the special interests lost" with the new legislation and touting Democratic support while slamming Republicans for not backing the bill.

The president returned to the White House after a week-long vacation in Kiawah Island, South Carolina. Biden was joined by House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer during an event in the State Dining Room at the White House.

"With this law, the American people won and the special interests lost," Biden said Tuesday. "This administration began amid a dark time in America… a once in a century pandemic, devastating joblessness, clear and present threats to democracy and the rule of law, doubts about America's future itself--and yet we've not wavered, we've not flinched, and we've not given in."

Biden said, instead, the law will "deliver results for the American people."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-signs-739-billion-inflation-reduction-act-law-slams-gop-voting-against-tax-climate-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Apologies to my grandchildren and their future children and their future children’s children. Their share of the debt is unimaginable.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Apologies to my grandchildren and their future children and their future children’s children. Their share of the debt is unimaginable.

I STILL can't get my mind wrapped around how spending the money of those yet unborn is even legal!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

Price caps and printing more money are going to have the exact opposite effect from Buydem's claims.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Killer Clouds

There will definitely be results from this horrible law and no e of the results will be good for the majority of the American people. #FJB

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Removes Mask and Coughs into Hand After Close Contact with Coronavirus

Charlie Spiering 16 Aug 2022

President Joe Biden flouted coronavirus mask protocols on Tuesday after his wife Jill Biden tested positive for the virus.

The president was spotted removing his mask to deliver a speech and immediately coughed into his hand after shaking hands with Sen. Chuck Schumer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-Ux0pjfeo&t=2817s&ab_channel=TheWhiteHouse

After First Lady Jill Biden tested positive for the virus Monday night, the White House said that the president would wear a mask indoors for ten days when in “close proximity with others,” as he was considered within “close contact” of the virus.

But the president did not adhere to the protocols his handlers laid out.

After his speech, Biden sat with members of Congress and shook their hands prior to signing his climate and health spending bill.

The president only put his mask back on after signing the bill and standing up to leave.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/16/joe-biden-removes-mask-coughs-hand-after-close-contact-coronavirus/
Support the USO

Offline EdinVA

schumer that greedy pos along with manchin the ignorant...  9999hair out0000

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Greg Price
@greg_price11
Joe Biden entered the room to sign the bill.
Took off his mask.
Coughed into his hand
Signed the bill.
Gave the pen to Manchin.
Put his mask back on.
Shook hands with everyone in the room.
4:12 PM · Aug 16, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Greg Price
@greg_price11
Joe Biden entered the room to sign the bill.
Took off his mask.
Coughed into his hand
Signed the bill.
Gave the pen to Manchin.
Put his mask back on.
Shook hands with everyone in the room.
4:12 PM · Aug 16, 2022

Wouldn't want to leave anyone out!     :rolling:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Wouldn't want to leave anyone out!
May they all come down with 'rona. Don't worry, the quadruple vaccines will protect them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is nothing new, he does it all the time....let's see how many of those in attendance will get covid now...Chuckie is the prime recipient..lol
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
May they all come down with 'rona. Don't worry, the quadruple vaccines will protect them.

Of course!   :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

It's hard to refrain from feeling disdain for this group of evil idiots.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fact Check: Joe Biden Falsely Claims Working, Middle Class Will Not ‘Pay a Penny More’ as Result of IRS Audits

John Binder 16 Aug 2022

CLAIM: While signing the “Inflation Reduction Act” into law on Tuesday, President Joe Biden said no Americans “earning less than $400,000 a year will pay a penny more in federal taxes” as a result of billions to drastically boost Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audits.

VERDICT: False. The Inflation Reduction Act does not include any provisions requiring the IRS to avoid targeting working and middle class Americans with new IRS audits. In fact, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that about $20 billion will be squeezed from Americans earning less than $400,000 a year as a result of the audits.

“I’m keeping my campaign commitment. No one … no one earning less than $400,000 a year will pay a penny more in federal taxes,” Biden said, referencing his 2020 campaign talking point that vowed not to raise taxes on working and middle class Americans.

Despite the claim, Senate Democrats made sure to vote down Sen. Mike Crapo’s (R-ID) amendment to the Inflation Reduction Act that would have barred the IRS from targeting working and middle class Americans with the $80 billion that the plan includes for new audits.

The CBO estimates that the new IRS audits will take at least $20 billion from working and middle class Americans earning less than $400,000 a year, which is in addition to the billions already taken from this income group.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/16/fact-check-joe-biden-falsely-claims-working-middle-class-will-not-pay-a-penny-more-as-result-of-irs-audits/
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Joe Biden is a congenital liar!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Let the democrats own this
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy