Author Topic: INSIDER 'It's over' for the Trump Organization if its CFO Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty, legal ana  (Read 355 times)

Offline libertybele

'It's over' for the Trump Organization if its CFO Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty, legal analyst and ex-prosecutor says

A guilty plea from the Trump Organization's former chief financial officer in the criminal tax case against him would spell financial disaster for former President Donald Trump and his family business, said a former top federal prosecutor on Tuesday.

The New York Times reported that Allen Weisselberg, a longtime top executive for the Trump Organization, is expected to plead guilty in a deal with the Manhattan district attorney's office as early as Thursday.

He and the Trump Organization face 15 felony counts, which include one count each of scheme to defraud, conspiracy, and grand larceny. Prosecutors said the charges stemmed from a "sweeping and audacious payment scheme" in which Weisselberg avoided paying taxes for up to $1.7 million of his income starting in March 2005.

The Times reported that Weisselberg's deal would see him receive five months in prison, compared to a sentence of at least one year if he was found guilty in court.

"Once Allen Weisselberg pleads guilty, it's over for the Trump Organization," said Andrew Weissmann, a law professor at New York University and former lead prosecutor under Robert Mueller, on MSNBC's "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell."

He said that crimes committed by Weisselberg would be attributed to the Trump Organization, meaning the company would also be held responsible for the charges.

The Trump Organization is scheduled to face trial on October 24. If Weisselberg does not take a plea deal and goes to court, he will face trial alongside the business group. Both he and the Trump Organization have pleaded not guilty.

"So the leverage in terms of the financial consequences to Donald Trump doesn't mean he's going to jail, but the consequences for the Trump Organization are huge," Weissmann said..........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/over-trump-organization-cfo-allen-084044788.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wish I had a dime everytime some left wing imbecilic talking head has said "its over"for Trump.

It's almost become a joke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

Wish I had a dime everytime some left wing imbecilic talking head has said "its over"for Trump.

It's almost become a joke.

I don't know what to think anymore of the situation; certainly the leftists can keep him and all those in his circle tied up in court which I'm sure isn't cheap.  Secondly, the left is going to keep pursing Trump until he announces that he's dropping out of politics and/or until they destroy him financially. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 10:52:43 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.