Author Topic: Rick Santorum: FBI raid is another reason for a convention of states  (Read 771 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND By Justine Brooke Murray 8/16/2022

'This is going to become the norm if we don't do something to take power out of Washington'

•   Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum listed the FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago as “another example” why the Convention of States Project (COS) is “so important,” because it will let states propose and vote on their own constitutional amendments that limit the powers of the federal government and their agencies, in an interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

•   COS calls for states to propose amendments they claim will give people greater say over their own rights than the federal government.

•   Santorum said the raid will “become the norm if we don’t do something to take power out of Washington and place the checks and balances that we need to restore federalism and freedom in our country.”

Former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum called the FBI’s raid on Mar-a-Lago “another example” of why America needs a convention of states to propose constitutional amendments that limit federal power in an interview with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Only 15 more states are needed to demand a convention that will allow all states to propose and vote on their own amendments to the U.S. Constitution. Santorum, a senior advisor of the Convention of States Project (COS), told the DCNF the FBI’s Aug. 8 raid on Mar-a-Lago is one reason why COS is “so important” so states can limit the powers of the federal government and “restore freedom back to the American public.”

The FBI raided former President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home as part of an investigation into classified White House documents he allegedly took when he transferred out of office.

“What (the raid) indicates is the fact that the left is so focused on accumulating power and dictating to the American pubic how we should live our lives under their woke philosophy,” Santorum said. “This is going to become the norm if we don’t do something to take power out of Washington and place the checks and balances that we need to restore federalism and freedom in our country.”

More: https://www.wnd.com/2022/08/rick-santorum-mar-lago-raid-another-reason-convention-states/

Offline libertybele

Re: Rick Santorum: FBI raid is another reason for a convention of states
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 12:23:48 am »
Are you seeing this @Fishrrman ????

IMHO there are too many liberal legislatures and things could become even worse than they are now.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 12:25:24 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2022, 05:03:25 pm »

IMHO there are too many liberal legislatures and things could become even worse than they are now.

This will certainly make things much worse, on several levels.  We'll  end up with a 10,000 page Constitution written by people like Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi and McCarthy.

The Bill of Rights would certainly be eliminated, all 10 of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2022, 05:05:00 pm »
Santorum:  "Do something!  ANYTHING!!!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 08:16:10 pm »

I agree. There may/may not have been a time, but it sure isn't today.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:37 pm »
How about we uphold the Constitution we have?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
This will certainly make things much worse, on several levels.  We'll  end up with a 10,000 page Constitution written by people like Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi and McCarthy.

The Bill of Rights would certainly be eliminated, all 10 of them.

The convention of states if I am understanding their function correctly is to return the power that the feds have taken back to the states by a percentage of votes by those states.  A constitutional convention is where the state legislatures meet and actually draft amendments to the constitution.  Similar in nature but not exactly the same.

At any rate, with the leftists maneuvering and underhandedness that we are witnessing now is NOT the time for either.  Granted we have a lot of conservative state legislatures, but too many liberals aren't playing by the rules now, there's no reason to believe that they would adhere to a new set of rules.

Please correct me if I am wrong @Fishrrman
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 08:33:29 pm »
The convention of states if I am understanding their function correctly is to return the power that the feds have taken back to the states by a percentage of votes by those states.  A constitutional convention is where the state legislatures meet and actually draft amendments to the constitution.  Similar in nature but not exactly the same.

At any rate, with the leftists maneuvering and underhandedness that we are witnessing now is NOT the time for either.  Granted we have a lot of conservative state legislatures, but too many liberals aren't playing by the rules now, there's no reason to believe that they would adhere to a new set of rules.

Please correct me if I am wrong @Fishrrman

The problem I have is a convention can "go rogue" and throw out the entire US Constitution to write a completely new one.  That's what happened when the Articles of Confederation where thrown out.

We won't get to pick and choose what we want, we'd get the whole shebang.  And then there's the matter of not following a new one any better than the one we have now.

Too much risk. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 08:44:58 pm »
The problem I have is a convention can "go rogue" and throw out the entire US Constitution to write a completely new one.  That's what happened when the Articles of Confederation where thrown out.

We won't get to pick and choose what we want, we'd get the whole shebang.  And then there's the matter of not following a new one any better than the one we have now.

Too much risk. 

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 08:47:08 pm »

:thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 09:04:04 pm »

Bigger!  Much bigger!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 09:12:23 pm »
bele wrote:
"Are you seeing this"

I write this at 5.03 as this is the time I sit down each evening for supper before the computer and the GOP Briefing Room.

First thing I thought when I saw the title:
"Rick Santorum: FBI raid is another reason for a convention of states"

...was:
NO, Mr. Santorum.
A time for a "convention of the states" has long come and gone.

We DO NOT WANT a "convention of the states" for the purpose of amending the Constitution -- not now, it's too late for that.

We DO WANT a New Continental Congress, peopled by representatives from the red and purple states (blue states NOT invited and to be kept out), to decide "where we go from here".

Just as the Colonists called back around 1774, and again in 1775.
From their efforts eventually came "a Declaration", a new nation, and a new form of government -- so might the New Continental Congress find the pathway from the wreckage of the "United States" that will either substantially rebuild that nation... or perhaps, create a new nation that supersedes it.

Although that "new" nation may require some re-constitutin' of "The Constitution" as well, to remove the weaknesses that have brought us to where we are today...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 09:52:20 pm »
Who is Rick Santorum, and why do I care what he says?  Was he one of the least significant pretenders to the GOP throne during the 2016 primaries?

Could little Ricky be pandering to the Magas in the hopes of running for Federal office in 2024?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.