Author Topic: Last Gasp Effort to Save Liz Cheney Proves the Problem She Has in Wyoming  (Read 494 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Last Gasp Effort to Save Liz Cheney Proves the Problem She Has in Wyoming
By Nick Arama | Aug 15, 2022 3:30 PM ET

We’re one more day until the primary hammer is about to fall on Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) and we can throw our “Buh-bye” party.

In the last poll from the University of Wyoming, she’s down about 30 points to her opponent, Harriet Hageman. She’s down to pleading with Democrats to crossover to vote for her and save her. But even if they were so inclined, there aren’t enough Democrats in Wyoming to save her. However, she did get the all-important disgraced former senator, Al Franken endorsement. So I’m sure that will help her.

But part of her problem is she’s spent all her time obsessed with Donald Trump, and ignored the concerns of the people of Wyoming in the process, as my colleague Joe Cunningham explained earlier. Meanwhile, Harriet Hageman is talking about things of concern to people in Wyoming.

Cheney pulled out her dad for an ad. That might have been good — had he said anything at all about Wyoming where he was very popular once upon a time. But again, the ad was all about hating on Trump. Liz even called in Hollywood liberal Kevin Costner’s support — he wore a shirt saying “I’m with Liz” and Cheney captioned it, “Real men put country over party.” Not only wasn’t Costner putting country over party there, since he seems to vote for Democrats, but she was also implicitly putting down any Wyoming men who still support Trump with that shot.

But there’s one final effort underway to save Liz Cheney and it’s pretty much in line with that whole clueless approach that she’s taken to the race so far.

The “Principles First” group which claims to be “grassroots” has been out in Wyoming doorknocking for her, as our friends over at Twitchy observed.

https://twitter.com/Principles_1st/status/1558503386915475456

First of all, they’re very late to the game when they show up the weekend before the primary. If they think they’re going to change anything at this point, they’re sadly mistaken.

But then on top of that, the group included folks from out of the state and even someone who described himself as an “ex-GOP” in his Twitter profile. He later deleted it from his profile after it was pointed out to him.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/08/15/last-gasp-effort-to-save-liz-cheney-proves-the-problem-she-has-in-wyoming-n612509
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article...

But part of her problem is she’s spent all her time obsessed with Donald Trump, and ignored the concerns of the people of Wyoming in the process, as my colleague Joe Cunningham explained earlier. Meanwhile, Harriet Hageman is talking about things of concern to people in Wyoming.

My oldest lives in WY and this is what he said and what he hears those he works with say.

She has become overly obsessed with Trump
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Has CNN and MSNBC called the race yet?  It is like 6pm in Wyoming.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
DISTRICT 1 GOP PRIMARY
Updated Aug 16, 2022, 8:40 PM
AP estimates
5.1% of votes counted
AP estimates less than 35% of votes have been counted.
Harriet Hageman
R
5,055 votes   58.5%
Liz Cheney (i)
R
3,284 votes   38.0%
Anthony Bouchard
R
158 votes   1.8%
Denton Knapp
R
77 votes   0.9%
Robyn Belinskey
R
61 votes   0.7
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline verga

Ha Ha
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.