Author Topic: Recall of Soros-backed L.A. D.A. George Gascón Fails After Observers Excluded, Signatures Tossed  (Read 849 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Recall of Soros-backed L.A. D.A. George Gascón Fails After Observers Excluded, Signatures Tossed

Joel B. Pollak 15 Aug 2022

A second attempt to recall Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón failed Monday after officials announced that there were not enough signatures to qualify the recall for the ballot, after observers were excluded from the count.

The recall effort gathered 715,833 signatures — far more than the 566,857 needed, representing 10% of registered voters in the county. However, county officials announced the they had eliminated nearly 200,000 of the signatures that were submitted.

“520,050 signatures were found to be valid and 195,783 were found to be invalid,” the county registrar said in a statement (emphasis removed). “To qualify the recall for the [November 2022] ballot, the petition required 566,857 signatures; therefore, the petition has failed to meet the sufficiency requirements and no further action shall be taken on the petition.”

Though the county rejected less than 1% of mail-in ballots in the 2020 election, Los Angeles County officials said they found that nearly 30% of signatures on petitions to recall the unpopular district attorney were invalid or could not count.

https://twitter.com/BillFOXLA/status/1559283188064722946

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/15/recall-of-soros-backed-l-a-d-a-george-gascon-fails-after-observers-excluded-signatures-tossed/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

California is officially a Banana Republic.

One party, no oversight, and increasingly: no recourse for the opposition.

If I were a Republican or conservative living there, I would gather my belongings, move to greener pastures, and leave it for the animals to fight over.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Hoodat

The rule of law is dead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

California is officially a Banana Republic.

One party, no oversight, and increasingly: no recourse for the opposition.

If I were a Republican or conservative living there, I would gather my belongings, move to greener pastures, and leave it for the animals to fight over.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

Many of them are along with middle class families and small business owners
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy