Author Topic: Putin warns he is ready to arm his allies with 'the most modern types of weapons' as he boasts of Ru  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Kamaji

Putin warns he is ready to arm his allies with 'the most modern types of weapons' as he boasts of Russia's military capabilities

By ADAM SOLOMONS FOR MAILONLINE
15 August 2022

Vladimir Putin has boasted that Russian weapons are 'decades' ahead of Western rivals' in a speech at an arms expo in Moscow.

Delegations from more than 70 countries are attending Army-2022 to take advantage of good deals on Russian kit.

Allies and buyers of Russian hardware have expressed concern as Putin's tanks, warships and planes continue to drop like flies in Ukraine.

'Almost all of them have been used more than once in real combat operations.

'Many of them are years, if not decades, ahead of their foreign counterparts.

'And in terms of tactical and technical characteristics they are significantly superior to them.'

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11112935/Putin-warns-ready-arm-allies-modern-types-weapons.html

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What good are the "most modern" weapons if they are equipped with cheap Chi-com tires?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biteme and Putin have a lot in common, Putin is burning through all his military hardware in Ukraine and Biden is burning through America's military hardware sending it to the Ukraine. I fail to see how Russia is going to be selling any advance hardware any time soon as they seem to be using all of it Ukraine.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. The fall of the Soviet Union and financial problems associated therewith paused much of Russian weapons development.

2. Budget limitations since then have forced using some weapons systems past the time their usefulness started diminishing.

3. Training and readiness also suffered from budget limitations.

4. Putin's Ukrainian misadventure have highlighted all these problems, in addition to demonstrating the difference between soldiers defending their home and invaders who don't much care about Putin's imperial ambitions.

5. I'm not saying Russian weapons are laughable, just not the world-beaters Putin pretends they are.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

1. The fall of the Soviet Union and financial problems associated therewith paused much of Russian weapons development.

2. Budget limitations since then have forced using some weapons systems past the time their usefulness started diminishing.

3. Training and readiness also suffered from budget limitations.

4. Putin's Ukrainian misadventure have highlighted all these problems, in addition to demonstrating the difference between soldiers defending their home and invaders who don't much care about Putin's imperial ambitions.

5. I'm not saying Russian weapons are laughable, just not the world-beaters Putin pretends they are.

:thumbsup:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Putin has allies?

WHERE?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

Online Hoodat

and Biden is burning through America's military hardware sending it to the Ukraine.

Biden is burning through America's cash and laundering it through a bunch of US agencies with some of it going to Ukraine.  But very little American military hardware is making it to Ukraine.  Most of the war videos coming out these days have British, Slovakian, Polish, Dutch, or Ukrainian made hardware.  Haven't seen a HIMARs or an M-777 in weeks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Putin has allies?

WHERE?
White House, congress, senate...

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
White House, congress, senate...

You are right,of course.

I don't know what I was thinking.

We should add the DNC and the RNC to that list.

Offline PeteS in CA

This blogpost, https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/08/16/rocket-launching-robot-dog-unveiled-at-russian-military-expo-is-for-sale-on-alibaba-n490075 , isn't easily formatted for a post here, but :silly: ! One of Putin's "advanced" weapons is a Chinese robot dog with a rocket launcher strapped onto it! :silly: I wonder if the robot dog is made in Yushu, Qinghai Province, China?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Were the design plans stolen from the ACME Corporation?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Vladimir Putin has boasted that Russian weapons are 'decades' ahead of Western rivals'
For some reason, he doesn't seem to be using them in Ukraine, or perhaps by now he would have won his stupid war.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Were the design plans stolen from the ACME Corporation?

:thumbsup:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Putin has allies?

Who knew?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A: Iran, NK, China and others.

B: White House, congress, senate...

C: All of the above.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.