Author Topic: Why Merrick Garland Is Losing the People By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Merrick Garland Is Losing the People
Is the attorney general disingenuous or simply naïve?
By Victor Davis Hanson
August 14, 2022

Attorney General Merrick Garland on Thursday held a belated press conference to explain that he had personally approved the FBI’s raid of Donald Trump’s Florida residence to seize documents deemed U.S. government property.

A clearly agitated and nervous Garland sought to exude confidence in the raid. He went on to heatedly defend the professionalism and integrity of the Justice Department and FBI.

But almost immediately after his sermon, the Justice Department and its affiliates were back to their usual selective leaking (“sources say” . . . “according to people familiar with the investigation”) to liberal newspapers.

In no time, the Washington Post claimed the raid was aimed at finding Trump Administration documents relating to “nuclear secrets.” The now-familiar desired effect was achieved. “Presidential historian” Michael Beschloss quickly tweeted a picture of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, noting that in the past revealing such nuclear secrets had led to the death penalty. Former CIA Director Michael Hayden, previously known for comparing Trump’s border detention facilities to Auschwitz and falsely claiming the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian “disinformation,” replied: “Sounds about right.” That is, without any proof, it was legitimate to imagine that the former president of the United States, like the Rosenbergs, should be executed for passing nuclear secrets.

So, as intended, the Justice Department and FBI leaks touched off a round of intended liberal hysteria of the sort we saw during Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into alleged Russian collusion with Trump’s 2016 campaign aimed at disguising government misdeeds or overreach.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/14/why-merrick-garland-is-losing-the-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Why Merrick Garland Is Losing the People By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 04:27:33 pm »
He's not naive, and "disingenuous" is far too kind a word.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 04:31:55 pm »
He's not naive, and "disingenuous" is far too kind a word.

:yowsa: I can think of a few better ones!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 04:41:12 pm »
It would be interesting to get a feel of how the average American feels about this raid. Outside the left and right wing blogs
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 06:27:32 pm »
"Mark Levin goes SCORCHED EARTH on Deep-State RAID on Trump's Mar-a-Lago home— STOP and watch this 🔥" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1559090745008689152

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 06:31:34 pm »
"Mark Levin goes SCORCHED EARTH on Deep-State RAID on Trump's Mar-a-Lago home— STOP and watch this 🔥" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1559090745008689152

Yep! The fedgov has a LOT more lawyers and money than you do and the fact that you are innocent will never enter the equation once they decide to take you down.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 08:31:57 pm »
Why Merrick Garland Is Losing the People
Is the attorney general disingenuous or simply naïve?
By Victor Davis Hanson, August 14, 2022

What a stupid question.  Hanson's become an embarrassment to his own reputation.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 10:38:57 pm »
Lavrenty Beria (above) Merrick Garland (below)

Different men. Same objectives.
Both in service to The Party...