Author Topic: 800 Americans evacuated from Afghanistan since Taliban takeover  (Read 169 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 800 Americans evacuated from Afghanistan since Taliban takeover

A new House Republican investigation sheds light and issues blame on the continued evacuation efforts since America’s withdrawal.

By ANDREW DESIDERIO, LARA SELIGMAN and ALEXANDER WARD

08/14/2022 11:30 AM EDT

The U.S. government has evacuated more than 800 American citizens from Afghanistan since the Taliban swept to power and U.S. troops officially left the country last August, according to data provided by House GOP investigators and the State Department.

The figure, which hasn’t been previously reported, highlights the ongoing nature of the efforts to make contact with and ultimately evacuate hundreds of Americans who were unable to leave Afghanistan as the U.S. military rapidly withdrew from the country last summer.

The data also underscores that hundreds more Americans were left behind in Afghanistan than was previously known.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/14/afghanistan-800-evacuated-taliban-00051525
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 800 Americans evacuated from Afghanistan since Taliban takeover
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:52:11 am »
Whence came they?  I clearly remember our POTUS and the Pentagon saying all Americans had been evacuated! :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson