Author Topic: Report reveals holes in DoD law enforcement active shooter response  (Read 142 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Report reveals holes in DoD law enforcement active shooter response
By Rachel Nostrant
 Friday, Aug 12

Frederick Police Department officers prepare to enter Fort Detrick during an April 2021 shooting. A recent DoD inspector general report found inconsistencies in the way military installations train for active shooter situations. (Graham Cullen/The Frederick News-Post via AP)

An evaluation of the Defense Department and its law enforcement organizations has revealed a lack of an active shooter response and training standard, which officials worry may ultimately “result in a delayed and uncoordinated response that could increase casualties” at military installations.

The evaluation was conducted to determine whether Defense Department law enforcement entities — Army and Marine Corps Military Police and Naval and Air Force Security Forces, among others — had established effective active shooter response policies and training.

According to the report, released Aug. 11 by the Defense Department’s inspector general, there are currently five policies pertaining to active shooter situations, but no overarching, consistent strategy.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2022/08/12/report-reveals-holes-in-dod-law-enforcement-active-shooter-response/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Report reveals holes in DoD law enforcement active shooter response
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:40:22 am »
 :mauslaff:  "Holes" in the active shooter response!  Good one! :laughingdog:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson