Author Topic: The Hardest Thing About Missile Defense in Guam? Finding the Right Site  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Hardest Thing About Missile Defense in Guam? Finding the Right Site

There are candidate locations, but nothing is final, said Missile Defense Agency Director Vice Adm. Jon Hill.
LAUREN C. WILLIAMS | AUGUST 13, 2022
MISSILES ASIA-PACIFIC NAVY ARMY

The Missile Defense Agency is taking first steps for a facility—which will include a command and control center—in Guam as part of a long-term missile defense plan in the Indo-Pacific region. But choosing the right site has been one of the nascent program’s biggest challenges.

“So we learned a lot from Hawaii, that that radar was designed to really protect the islands from the rogue threat, which we know will continue to evolve and become more complex over time. Our issue became siting, and siting is tough,” particularly for long-range discrimination radar, Vice Adm. Jon Hill, the agency’s director, said during a Defense News webcast Aug. 12.

“That's a very constrained space. So we know that to be a fact. We know the sizing and the requirements on the sensors that we will need, we know where you can and cannot put live ordnance...that's always a constraining factor.”

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/biggest-challenge-building-missile-defense-presence-guam-finding-right-site/375816/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Hardest Thing About Missile Defense in Guam? Finding the Right Site
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:22:21 am »
They had better not get too much weight on one side of the Island.  Hank Johnson, brilliant democrat, worries it could cause the island to capsize. :nono:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: The Hardest Thing About Missile Defense in Guam? Finding the Right Site
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 11:53:00 am »
They had better not get too much weight on one side of the Island.  Hank Johnson, brilliant democrat, worries it could cause the island to capsize. :nono:
:yowsa: 888high58888
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.