Author Topic: First live rounds of Army’s hypersonic weapon coming in ‘roughly’ 6 months  (Read 126 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
First live rounds of Army’s hypersonic weapon coming in ‘roughly’ 6 months

Soldiers are already training on the hypersonic battery equipment to prepare for delivery of the missile.
By   ANDREW EVERSDEN
on August 12, 2022 at 1:12 PM

Prototype hypersonic hardware delivered to unit on JBLM

The delivery of the first prototype hypersonic hardware to Soldiers of the 5th Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery Regiment, 17th Field Artillery Brigade is completed on Oct. 7, 2021, with a ceremony at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. (U.S. Army photo by Spc. Karleshia Gater)

SMD 2022 — The US Army plans to deliver the first live rounds of its hypersonic missile in “roughly” six months, according to the three-star overseeing the effort.

The Army’s Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office has been rapidly developing the land-based, ground-launched Long-Range Hypersonic Weapon, one of the service’s top 35 modernization priorities, with the goal of deploying an operational capability in fiscal 2023.

“We start delivering those live rounds, I’ll just roughly say, in about six months,” Lt. Gen. Neil Thurgood said during a presentation at the Space and Missile Defense Symposium in Huntsville, Ala. “And as we finish that design of the round itself, is there a risk associated with that? Absolutely. Can we afford to wait? Absolutely not.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2022/08/first-live-rounds-of-armys-hypersonic-weapon-coming-in-roughly-6-months/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:59:38 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson