Author Topic: The US could lose up to 900 warplanes fighting a Chinese invasion of Taiwan but would emerge victori  (Read 472 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The US could lose up to 900 warplanes fighting a Chinese invasion of Taiwan but would emerge victorious, says think tank
ashoaib@insider.com (Alia Shoaib) - Yesterday 11:12 AM

War games held by a Washington think tank simulated combat between China and the US if China were to invade Taiwan. Center for Strategic and International Studies

A think tank ran war game analyses for a conflict between the US and China over Taiwan.

One of the analysts told Insider the US and Taiwan would likely succeed in beating back a Chinese invasion.

However, both sides would likely suffer devastating losses. Up to 900 US warplanes could be destroyed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-us-could-lose-up-to-900-warplanes-fighting-a-chinese-invasion-of-taiwan-but-would-emerge-victorious-says-think-tank/ar-AA10Eimz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4294d3b4ce89493da463a9a5449f189f
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:48:04 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's called a think tank because they THINK that's what will happen.  I imagine most "think" tanks thought Russia would dispatch Ukraine in a few days. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

Up to 900 US warplanes could be destroyed.
Anywhere from 0 to 900... boy, that is some real definite maybe thinking...   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So I guess the up to 900 trained American fighter pilots are of no concern? or do they think our fighters are piloted by AI?

Offline Kamaji

So I guess the up to 900 trained American fighter pilots are of no concern? or do they think our fighters are piloted by AI?

Not all pilots would be lost.

Offline GtHawk

Not all pilots would be lost.
Right....just 0 to 900 **nononono*

Offline Kamaji

Offline GtHawk

Whatever, chief.
Ooh such a pithy response, your go to when someone just won't see it your way. You have a great day.

Offline Kamaji

Ooh such a pithy response, your go to when someone just won't see it your way. You have a great day.

That's one of my go-tos when there is clearly no further point in trying to have a discussion.  Take it however makes you feel the best about yourself.