Author Topic: Today's Toons 8/15/22  (Read 4335 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 8/15/22
« on: August 15, 2022, 08:07:46 am »

Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for commentary:

Click for related story:

Click for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:

(Thank you, Polly Ticks)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

CNBC says Americans are moving out of big cities in a mass exodus for gated golf communities in Florida, Texas and Arizona. The three most abandoned cities are San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York. In twenty years America's two political regions will be the Red States and Greater Detroit.

President Reagan’s recently released shooter John Hinckley told a CBS News interviewer that he feels genuine remorse for his attempt to kill the fortieth president. In the same interview, Hinckley expressed his support for LGBTQ rights. After forty-one years, he’s still trying to impress Jodie Foster.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told Meet the Press Sunday the U.S. economy is not in recession but it is transitioning to a less frenzied level. The Press Secretary also maintained that the economy was transitioning, and it is. At the White House Thursday the recession identified itself as an economic boom.

House Democrats pointed out Friday that gas prices fell nearly a penny a gallon a day in July. It fell on deaf ears in L.A. where the price is down to six dollars a gallon. Bragging about a twenty-five cent decrease in gasoline prices is like Hannibal Lector cutting off your arm and handing you back a finger.

President Biden was in fine form and healthy as he addressed the nation’s problems Thursday. He said we are not in a recession, gas prices have never been lower, the border is completely under control, Chicago’s now crime free and Fatty Arbuckle was anorexic. Which he was, by today’s standards.

Attorney General Merrick Garland did not deny a Washington Post story Tuesday that the Justice Department launched a criminal investigation of Trump. The left celebrated, certain that the new evidence they have against Trump is explosive. Twenty bucks says the box of explosives is marked Acme.

Chuck Grassley said FBI whistleblowers told him the probe of Hunter Biden was covered up. His videos show him in bed telling strippers about crooked family deals. It shows if CNN wants to return to being TV’s top organization for gathering the news, they should fire their reporters and hire strippers.

China's President Xi warned the U.S. not to play with fire by sending Nancy Pelosi to visit Taiwan as Chinese threats were made to shoot down her plane. It leaves me conflicted. Yes, China's threat to shoot down Nancy Pelosi's plane could result in World War III, but let's weigh the pros and the cons.

President Biden said Saturday that although infected he's experiencing no symptoms.during his latest dose of Covid. It turns out that keeping Joe Biden in the basement during the 2020 election was a smart idea. President Biden gets Covid the way I get robo-calls telling me my car warranty has expired.

GOP Congressman Matt Gaetz maintained in hearings last week that Antifa infiltrated the Trump rally on January 6th and provoked the Capitol riots. The last administration declared Antifa a terrorist organization. The only question now is when will the U.S. government start supplying them with weapons.

The U.S. Navy sent four warships into the Taiwan Straits as the USS Ronald Reagan carrier group sailed to the South China Sea in case Nancy Pelosi's trip ignited a war. No one on the island is safe. As if Nancy's trip to Taiwan wasn't dangerous enough she's being driven around Taipei by her husband.

President Biden began the best week of his presidency Monday by going on TV and announcing that the CIA under his orders launched a drone missile into Afghanistan which killed Al Qaeda's chief Ayman al Zawahiri. The president's speech didn't stop there. Joe then warned Hitler that he's next.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Vulcan)

Offline verga

Re: Today's Toons 8/15/22
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 11:40:27 am »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 11:52:42 am »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 12:23:51 pm »
Good morning @pookie18

You got me today before I even got up to make coffee...

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 12:40:47 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 12:45:39 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 03:04:11 pm »
Thank you Pookie

You're welcome, Verga!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 03:04:43 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & my pleasure, Jimino!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 03:06:18 pm »
Good morning @pookie18

You got me today before I even got up to make coffee...

Mornin', @roamer_1! Usually on Mon., Wed. & Fri., I post at about this time.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 03:06:51 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, as always, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 03:07:17 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

My pleasure, as ever, Smokin Joe!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 03:46:56 pm »
Yaaaay!  It's Moon's Daeg Toons and Argus Extras!  Thanks, Pookie!!!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 03:51:06 pm »
Yaaaay!  It's Moon's Daeg Toons and Argus Extras!  Thanks, Pookie!!!!!

You're welcome, CL!

Offline ricebug

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 07:51:27 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 10:15:54 am »