Author Topic: Former Nixon counsel says Trump’s media supporters will have ‘egg all over their face’ when probe en  (Read 664 times)

Offline Hoodat

Former Nixon counsel says Trump’s media supporters will have ‘egg all over their face’ when probe ends

OLAFIMIHAN OSHIN - 08/14/22 8:32 PM ET

John Dean, former President Richard Nixon’s White House counsel, predicted on Sunday that media supporters of former President Trump will have a “egg all over their face” when the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) investigation into matters involving classified documents comes to an eventual end.

During an appearance on CNN’s “Reliable Sources,” host Brian Stelter asked Dean for his thoughts on the conservative media’s response to the FBI’s search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in which many right-leaning voices have lobbed attacks on law enforcement and claimed the probe is politically motivated.

Some TV cable news hosts such as Fox News’ Jesse Watters and Sean Hannity have gone so far to say “they have declared war on us and now it’s game on” and that the search was a “clear and gross abuse of power.”

When asked to respond to an array of news clips over the past week, Dean said: “Well, I think that they don’t seem to want to appreciate that the FBI and other federal law enforcement as well as state and local, they enforce search warrants every day, against every kind of person.”

“And there’s a reason Trump provoked this. He’s the one who didn’t cooperate. He’s the one who forced [Attorney General] Merrick Garland’s hand. We don’t know what it is he has or had.”

“Garland isn’t a risk taker, he isn’t a guy whose bold and goes where no one else has ever gone. He’s somebody who does it by the book so I think these people are going to have egg all over their face when this is over,” Dean added. “While they may not ever admit it, there, there certainly should.”  .  .  .

https://thehill.com/media/3602185-former-nixon-attorney-says-trumps-media-supporters-will-have-egg-all-over-their-face-when-probe-ends/

John Dean is a despicable human being.  There is a special place in hell carved out just for him.  He is by far the worst character to play a role in the Watergate fiasco, and he did not spend a day in jail over it.  He should be laying low for the rest of his life instead of offering comments about Trump.  May he rot in hell for eternity.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 04:48:26 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Offline andy58-in-nh

Nearly half a century later, Dean is still a little worm.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
From the little turd who was the dictionary definition of weasel political traitor.

Surprised he is still alive.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Worse than Watergate" John Dean is still alive?  who knew
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Watergate rules no longer apply.  They were replaced by the Clintons' White Water rules.

Plus, eggs are too expensive to waste.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:26:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Too bad G. Gordon Liddy didn't take care of him when he had the chance.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Who dug up Dean, and how would he have any idea what is happening on the inside of this witch hunt, more to the point who cares other than some slimeocrats?

Dean speaks

Offline Hoodat

As Nixon's legal counsel, he advised Nixon to do things that were illegal at the same time he was working for the Watergate prosecutors as an informant.  Violating attorney-client privilege is bad enough.  But what he did was far worse.

Chuck Colson did seven months in federal prison for doing the exact same thing James Carville did in the Paula Jones suit - defaming the character of a witness.  John Dean orchestrated the entire coverup for months, yet he has yet to serve a single day in federal prison.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Worse than Watergate" John Dean is still alive?  who knew

I'm pretty sure that it was his wife's little black book that the folks who broke into Democrat Headquarters were looking for!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien