Author Topic: Mitt Romney says he hopes Liz Cheney wins her Wyoming primary but could see her run for president on  (Read 201 times)

Offline libertybele

Two big losers; Liz and Mittens. 

Mitt Romney says he hopes Liz Cheney wins her Wyoming primary but could see her run for president one day

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah, a critic of former President Donald Trump and ally to GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, said he could see the congresswoman run for president in the future.

Cheney is fighting to hold on to her seat in Wyoming's Republican primary on Tuesday. The three-term lawmaker faces a tough reelection challenge against her main rival, Trump-backed opponent Harriet Hageman. Polls have shown Hageman in a double-digit lead.

"Her political future is something I'm sure she's considered. I hope she wins. I've hosted fundraisers for her. But I recognize that in the time of Trump that may not be possible," Romney told Insider at the Capitol on August 3.

"We'll see what happens. But I don't think she's gone by any means. I wouldn't be surprised to see her run for president," he added.

Trump has sought to oust Cheney from Congress since she voted to impeach him over the January 6, 2021 Capitol siege. Among the other pro-impeachment House Republicans who faced primaries against Trump-endorsed challengers this year, three have lost and two have won.

Cheney has said her focus is on winning her primary and her work as vice chair on the House select committee investigating January 6. But she has not ruled out a presidential bid when asked about it during recent interviews.................

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mitt-romney-says-hopes-liz-140000251.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.