Author Topic: DC Mayor Bowser renews request for National Guard support with bused-in illegal migrants  (Read 670 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DC Mayor Bowser renews request for National Guard support with bused-in illegal migrants
The mayor's request was initially denied last week by Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin.

By Sophie Mann
Updated: August 12, 2022 - 12:21pm

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser (D) renewed her request on Thursday for the D.C. National Guard to assist with the illegal migrants arriving in the capital. The mayor's initial request was denied by the Pentagon last week.

"I have been honored to work with the men and women of the D.C. National Guard many times and today we renewed our request for their assistance," Bowser wrote on Twitter.

Last week, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin refused Bowser's initial request after determining that "providing this support would negatively impact the readiness of the DCNG and have negative effects on the organization and members."

https://justthenews.com/government/security/dc-mayor-bowser-renews-request-pentagon-national-guard-support-bused-illegal
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If approved, every republican border mayor should ask Austin for guard assistance in the name of equity!  That's the term commiecrats use. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let's hope she gets slapped down on this a second time...

Offline Kamaji

If approved, every republican border mayor should ask Austin for guard assistance in the name of equity!  That's the term commiecrats use. :yowsa:

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: