Author Topic: Florida Keys a destination for almost 470 Cuban and Haitian migrants the past week  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Florida Keys a destination for almost 470 Cuban and Haitian migrants the past week
David Goodhue, Howard Cohen
Fri, August 12, 2022 at 5:36 PM·

On Friday, two groups of Cuban migrants arrived in the Florida Keys — one in the Marquesas off Key West, and the other on Stock Island, also in the Lower Keys. In all, 24 people made landfall, said Adam Hoffner, division chief for U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Miami operations.

A day later, on Saturday, Border Patrol agents responded to multiple migrant landings near Key West, and one additional migrant landing in Marathon, according to Hoffner in an email response to the Miami Herald. Hoffner would not offer more information and said details would be available on Monday.

Earlier Saturday, Chief Patrol Agent Walter Slosar posted on Twitter that in the last day, Miami Sector Border Patrol agents and law enforcement partners responded to five migrant landings in the Florida Keys and arrested 78 Cuban migrants.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-keys-destination-almost-470-213639572.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson