Author Topic: Retired Gen. Jack Keane says ‘we’re right back where we started’ in Afghanistan one year after withd  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Retired Gen. Jack Keane says ‘we’re right back where we started’ in Afghanistan one year after withdrawal

Zach Schonfeld - 2h ago

Nearly one year after the Taliban retook control of Afghanistan, retired four-star Army Gen. Jack Keane said on Sunday that the country has returned to conditions seen in 2001.

In an interview with “Fox News Sunday” guest anchor Gillian Turner, Keane pointed to al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri’s recent presence in Kabul, the country’s capital, as evidence the Taliban is protecting the terrorist group. The United States killed al-Zawahiri in a drone strike last month.

“Afghanistan is a sanctuary for terrorism,” said Keane.

“The very reason we went there, the very reason we stayed there for 20 years, [was] to ensure that terrorists did not rise again, attack the American people,” he added. “And we’re right back where we started.”

Monday will mark the one-year anniversary of when the Taliban retook control of Kabul and Afghanistan as the United States withdrew its forces in the country.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/retired-gen-jack-keane-says-we-re-right-back-where-we-started-in-afghanistan-one-year-after-withdrawal/ar-AA10E5A9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e279c6c0e01b45ab915c23df04646f4d
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:07:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

No, we are not... we don't have our kids getting killed for no reason

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

“Afghanistan is a sanctuary for terrorism,” said Keane.

We all know about sanctuaries for terrorism and how democrats love them. :osama:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson