Author Topic: Mitt Romney says he hopes Liz Cheney wins her Wyoming primary but could see her run for president on  (Read 391 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Mitt Romney says he hopes Liz Cheney wins her Wyoming primary but could see her run for president one day
oseddiq@insider.com (Oma Seddiq) - 1h ago

Sen. Mitt Romney said he could see Rep. Liz Cheney running for president in the future.
    Still, Romney said he hopes Cheney wins her primary in Wyoming on Tuesday.
    Cheney has not ruled out a 2024 presidential bid.

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah, a critic of former President Donald Trump and ally to GOP Rep. Liz Cheney, said he could see the congresswoman run for president in the future.

Cheney is fighting to hold on to her seat in Wyoming's Republican primary on Tuesday. The three-term lawmaker faces a tough reelection challenge against her main rival, Trump-backed opponent Harriet Hageman. Polls have shown Hageman in a double-digit lead.

"Her political future is something I'm sure she's considered. I hope she wins. I've hosted fundraisers for her. But I recognize that in the time of Trump that may not be possible," Romney told Insider at the Capitol on August 3.

"We'll see what happens. But I don't think she's gone by any means. I wouldn't be surprised to see her run for president," he added.

Trump has sought to oust Cheney from Congress since she voted to impeach him over the January 6, 2021 Capitol siege. Among the other pro-impeachment House Republicans who faced primaries against Trump-endorsed challengers this year, three have lost and two have won.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mitt-romney-says-he-hopes-liz-cheney-wins-her-wyoming-primary-but-could-see-her-run-for-president-one-day/ar-AA10EoFx
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Hey Mittens you're going to get the axe when you're up for re-election.

Offline DB

I'll be shocked if Utah reelects Romney.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Might as well skip Iowa and go to New Hampshire, she'll get nothing here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why can't Mittens think of another RINO to run, like himself to try and suck votes from a real conservative and hand the election to democrats? Lizard running for resident would be about as welcome to republicans as a big floating piece of shiite at a pool party.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I agree. Romney is just another vanilla white establishment enemy of the American people.
Do not see him winning again. He was medium during the Bush era. Those days are over.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I wouldn't! Utah is rapidly becoming California East.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You're next, Mittens.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: