Author Topic: Marine 1st sergeant uses combat experience to save man hit by car  (Read 235 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine 1st sergeant uses combat experience to save man hit by car
By Irene Loewenson
 Thursday, Aug 11

A Marine first sergeant was driving through a small North Carolina town when he encountered a man lying in a nearby field, bearing injuries after being hit by a car.

The civilian man initially had no pulse, and bystanders told the Marine they assumed he was dead.

Then 1st Sgt. Jefferson Ortiz saved the man’s life.

“Everything that I saw led me to believe that someone needed help,” Ortiz was quoted as saying in a Tuesday Marine news story. “And that the people who were there did not understand, or were not comfortable with, providing that help. I figured that if I could make my way over there, see what was going on, and assess the situation to see if there was anything that I could do to help somebody … I wanted to do that.”

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2022/08/11/marine-1st-sergeant-uses-combat-experience-to-save-man-hit-by-car/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Marine 1st sergeant uses combat experience to save man hit by car
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 12:39:31 pm »
 :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis