Author Topic: New ‘Influence Triad’ Will Fuse SOF, Cyber, and Space Command Satellite Intelligence  (Read 146 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New ‘Influence Triad’ Will Fuse SOF, Cyber, and Space Command Satellite Intelligence

Information warfare cells, where space units and SOCOM work side by side, will be dispersed throughout combatant commands.
TARA COPP | AUGUST 9, 2022
SPACE CYBER SPECIAL OPERATIONS ARMY

U.S. Space Command and Army Space and Missile Defense Command are combining the military’s cyber, special operations, and space capabilities to create a new deterrent “triad” akin to the approach the U.S. uses. to deter nuclear attacks.

The Army is “developing an innovative way to generate asymmetrical advantages by fusing the effects of space-based cyber and SOF [special operations forces] capabilities across the compromised spectrum of conflict. This influence triad represents a key evolution in these highly specialized fields,” Gen. James Dickinson, head of U.S. Space Command said at the Space and Missile Defense Symposium in Huntsville Tuesday.

In the new triad concept, U.S. Special Operations Command and U.S. Cyber Command personnel are embedded with staff from the U.S. Space Command to link the three triad elements—intelligence from space-based assets, intelligence from cyber detection, and intelligence from special operations forces—to amplify all three capabilities when monitoring, influencing, or deterring an adversary.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/08/new-influence-triad-will-fuse-sof-cyber-and-space-command-satellite-intelligence/375600/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson