Author Topic: Hoodat  (Read 1839 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hoodat
« on: August 13, 2022, 10:25:30 pm »
I love a guy who finds a hill to die on!   Thanks for pulling the scab off those old threads. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Hoodat
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 11:05:32 pm »
I love a guy who finds a hill to die on!   Thanks for pulling the scab off those old threads.

Is our history now off limits?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 11:48:07 pm »
Is our history now off limits?

Looks that way.  I loved reading those old threads.  They shut them down like the FBI on a Trump raid?  So I say WTF?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 11:52:23 pm »
Looks that way.  I loved reading those old threads.  They shut them down like the FBI on a Trump raid?  So I say WTF?

Yeah. And it appears my questions are being ignored as well. @mystery-ak

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2022, 12:07:14 am »
Yeah. And it appears my questions are being ignored as well. @mystery-ak

Mine as well to Cyber Liberty.   

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2022, 12:24:51 am »
Damned if I do and Damned if I don't...they were closed because of all the complaints...seems you two are the only ones who want them open

I opened Archives....but please remember our current threads..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2022, 01:05:15 am »
Sorry for causing dissention in the congregation.  I love those history moments and was trying to encourage @Sighlass for putting up with all that crap back in 2017.  Even though I was (and still am) a Mo Brooks guy, I just hate to see anyone persecuted on false pretenses.  Anyway, I should have picked one thread and let the rest be.  It would have been the one where the GOP Senate campaign leader said he would block Moore from being seated if he won.  That is the biggest evil we are fighting today.  People who know better.

Anyway, glad people can see those posts.  There are a lot of poster names in those threads that we don't see any more.  Kind of sad.  There are plenty more Moore threads from that period if anyone wants to go back and look.  Again, sorry to cause trouble.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 01:06:02 am »
I love a guy who finds a hill to die on!

Dying on hills is my specialty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 01:08:10 am »
Sorry for causing dissention in the congregation.  I love those history moments and was trying to encourage @Sighlass for putting up with all that crap back in 2017.  Even though I was (and still am) a Mo Brooks guy, I just hate to see anyone persecuted on false pretenses.  Anyway, I should have picked one thread and let the rest be.  It would have been the one where the GOP Senate campaign leader said he would block Moore from being seated if he won.  That is the biggest evil we are fighting today.  People who know better.

Anyway, glad people can see those posts.  There are a lot of poster names in those threads that we don't see any more.  Kind of sad.  There are plenty more Moore threads from that period if anyone wants to go back and look.  Again, sorry to cause trouble.

Yes, it's really a shame.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 01:11:42 am »
Damned if I do and Damned if I don't...they were closed because of all the complaints...seems you two are the only ones who want them open

I have no idea who here would complain about reading historical threads (That's a lie but I'll keep it to myself) but that person, whoever it is, needs to get his/her head right IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:12:51 am by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 01:26:28 am »
  I just don't see the bigger picture here, I guess,  there is nothing nefarious going on here.  They were not erased, just moved. 
  All Briefers still have access to the Archives and it can be very interesting, at times.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 01:33:06 am »
  I just don't see the bigger picture here, I guess,  there is nothing nefarious going on here.  They were not erased, just moved. 
  All Briefers still have access to the Archives and it can be very interesting, at times.

Yep! Just can't resurrect them. @corbe

I'm done with it.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 01:50:54 am »
I take full responsibility. I moved them and seeing that I screwed up in the moving I can't recover them.  Get over it you two.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 02:37:19 am »
   This Thread proves my boss doesn't tolerate censorship of any kind. The very existence of this Thread proves that.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 03:42:47 am »

@mystery-ak

They've got to be idiots...which they're not, because all it does is create an excuse to go back with quotes to see who left in a huff and which post was responsible, etc..

Already, you had @roamer_1 admit that it was him who had strong disagreements with @Catherine of Aragon and @musiclady
who left at the time.

Why the need to go back is nobody's mystery if they were here

I 'lost' several friends who quit the forum too.  And guess what?  They were "Tumpy" fans.    /s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 04:02:16 am »
    I know it wasn't addressed to me @DCPatriot But what you are advocating is just purity in an unpure World, not possible.
    Roamer is the favorite punching bag for Trumpers here and there has been a hard struggle to take him down, IMHO.  No different than what the dems did to Trump.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 04:22:40 am »
    I know it wasn't addressed to me @DCPatriot But what you are advocating is just purity in an unpure World, not possible.
    Roamer is the favorite punching bag for Trumpers here and there has been a hard struggle to take him down, IMHO.  No different than what the dems did to Trump.

@corbe

Not advocating a damned thing.  I'm simply commenting on what I'm seeing. 

Gave up giving a sh*t about what goes on behind the TBR curtain long ago.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 04:40:41 am »
   Yea, the url we mostly came from, TOS, practiced censorship on a major scale, unlike HERE and some of yall are bitching about a few 5yo Threads getting stuffed in some Rabbit Hole that you can still see down. I just don't get it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 04:44:23 am »
Already, you had @roamer_1 admit that it was him who had strong disagreements with @Catherine of Aragon and @musiclady
who left at the time.

@DCPatriot

How the heck is that an admission? A confession somehow?

Nonsense. Merely a recounting.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 05:20:32 am »
It would be nice to be able to put a reminder at the end of a few of the old threads... just so folks that hunt the archives have a chance to see how things turned out years later. I often liked to do that at TOS with threads I remember having strong emotions in... sometimes I was right, sometimes I was wrong.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 05:32:04 am »
The Archives are safe @Sighlass I screwed up a few moves from 5 years ago.
The concept of this thread pisses me off....calling out another Briefer, who is not at fault, in the header.