Author Topic: Woke Left Pushed to Remove Discipline From Classrooms. Consequences Have Been Tragic, Teacher Says.  (Read 195 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Woke Left Pushed to Remove Discipline From Classrooms. Consequences Have Been Tragic, Teacher Says.
Virginia Allen / @Virginia_Allen5 / February 21, 2023

Because too many classrooms across America lack discipline, some teachers are walking away from the profession altogether, author and teacher Daniel Buck says. (Photo: John Coletti/Getty Images)

Children are always going to misbehave, teacher Daniel Buck says, and that’s why discipline is needed in the classroom.

“I think the idea that we’re going to solve misbehavior is kind of utopian,” Buck says, adding that is “what the progressive idea is.”

“If we just get the system right, then kids are going to behave. And that’s never going to happen,” he says. Instead, Buck advocates for a strong disciplinary “system in place that anticipates and responds to misbehavior.”

The lack of such discipline in the classroom is leading some teachers to resign and harming students’ ability to learn, says Buck, the author of “What Is Wrong With Our Schools?: The Ideology Impoverishing Education in America and How We Can Do Better for Our Students.” The book was published in December.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/02/21/woke-left-pushed-to-remove-discipline-from-classrooms-consequences-have-been-tragic-teacher-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Having spent 25 years in the classroom teaching severely emotionally disturbed teens, I can assure everyone if there is no discipline, there is no learning. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's why my parents sent me to Catholic parochial school, starting in the late 1970s.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.