Author Topic: American School War Zone  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American School War Zone
« on: February 21, 2023, 03:00:38 pm »
American School War Zone
Anarchy and violence so bad in California school that Ukrainian refugee girl wants to go home

Rod Dreher
Feb 21, 2023
8:55 AM

Here's an incredible, and very telling, story from the San Francisco Chronicle: a Ukrainian refugee girl fleeing the war in her homeland is so disturbed by violence and anarchy in her San Francisco school that she wants to go back home -- to a war zone! More:

Everything Yana, a 13-year-old Ukrainian refugee, knew about public schools in the United States was what she had seen on television or in the movies, often idyllic settings where teenage conflict and angst ironed itself out by the end.

... It didn’t take Yana long to realize that real life in her eighth-grade classes at Marina Middle School was nothing like the scenes that played out on her screen.

More:

Students interrupted classes, jumped on desks, cursed at teachers. At first, Yana wondered what was going on, but then “nothing happened.” Students were not disciplined or prevented from repeat behavior.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/american-school-war-zone/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson