Author Topic: Florida Sheriff Announces School Officers Will Carry Long Guns to ‘Meet Violence with Violence’  (Read 514 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida Sheriff Announces School Officers Will Carry Long Guns to ‘Meet Violence with Violence’

AWR Hawkins 13 Aug 2022

Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey announced this week that officers in county schools will carry long guns and will be prepared to “meet violence with violence” and win the day.

Florida Today quoted Ivey saying, “You are not coming into my schools and killing our children.”

He noted, “I firmly believe that if you do not meet violence with violence, you will be violently killed.”

Ivey posted a video to Facebook in which he announced that officers will have long guns on their persons, in order to save time that would have been wasted running to a squad car to retrieve the firearm during an attack.

“While I pray it never happens, I can assure you that our Brevard County Sheriff’s Office School Resource Deputies are prepared to win the battle to protect our children and teachers!” he said.

The long gun shown in the video is a Kel Tec Sub 2000, a carbine chambered in a pistol caliber.

The Sub 2000 folds in half, allowing an officer to put it on a sling and carry it hanging in front of his body, where it is readily accessible.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/13/florida-sheriff-announces-school-officers-will-carry-long-guns-meet-violence-with-violence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida County Adds AR-15s for Classroom Defense in Every School in District

AWR Hawkins 15 Aug 2022

Florida’s Indian River County School District has added an AR-15 to every school so students returning to class in the fall will have school resource officers who can access rifles in the event of an attack.

WFLA reports that Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flowers said, “If they’re coming at us with an AR-15, we’re going to return with the same or greater firepower.”

Flowers told CBS 12 News that having the AR-15s in the school saves time in the event of an attack by saving resource officers from having to run out to their cars to retrieve a rifle.

He said, “If something were to happen during [the school day], they would have ready access to that AR-15 and their shield to be able to respond immediately.”

Breitbart News noted that Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey announced last week that officers in county schools will carry long guns and will be prepared to “meet violence with violence” and win the day in case of a school attack.

Florida Today quoted Ivey saying, “You are not coming into my schools and killing our children.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/08/15/fl-county-adds-ar-15s-classroom-defense-every-school-district/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

They're definitely not messing around.  I'm glad to see it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.