Author Topic: Trump FBI raid: 'Seven chances in 10' Donald gets indicted, former prosecutor says  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump FBI raid: 'Seven chances in 10' Donald gets indicted, former prosecutor says
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
 | August 13, 2022 10:58 AM

It’s highly likely that former President Donald Trump will be indicted on federal charges after classified documents were recovered from his Mar-a-Lago residence, according to a former prosecutor.

Andrew McCarthy, the former chief assistant U.S. attorney in the Southern District of New York, noted he believes there are “7 chances in 10” that Trump will be charged by the Department of Justice, hinting at a “closet agenda” that spurred the search warrant, he told the Daily Wire. His comments come after the FBI got 11 sets of classified information from the former president’s residence, including information that is top secret and is only meant to be viewed in high-security government buildings.

“I would say that 7 chances in 10 he’s going to be indicted,” McCarthy told the outlet. “They may add classified information charges now that they’ve done this, but they are gunning to get him … on Jan. 6.”

FBI agents executed a search warrant on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence in search of classified documents as part of an investigation into whether the former president violated the Espionage Act and committed obstruction of justice, according to the warrant that was unsealed Friday.

In its search, the agency recovered 20 boxes of classified documents, including handwritten notes, binders full of photos, and the executive grant of clemency given to Trump ally Roger Stone.

Trump has not been charged, and the investigation into the handling of White House documents is underway. However, the warrant detailed possible violations of several U.S. statutes.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/donald-trump-fbi-raid-espionage-act-indicted-chances
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

So what? You can indict a ham sandwich.  :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

Indicted for what?  It is sheer nonsense to predict there is a 70% chance of him being indicted when you can't even come up with a crime to be indicted for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

I didn’t click through the article, but I think McCarthy is probably suggesting those odds because the swamp will get its revenge for Trump breaking their “influence cycle”.  I heard Bongino use that term yesterday. Nice. That’s how Washington politicians cash in, both democrats and republicans, by maintaining a successive line of influence.

But it is imperative that they derail Trump’s popularity by any means to stop him from running and winning in ‘24 and breaking their influence cycle once again. Only this time they would be facing a Donald Trump with a different attitude!

Hey, I would have put the odds of indicting Trump in DC’s democrat friendly judicial system at 10/10.

But, ultimately they will fail to stop Trump, update 2.0.  No guarantee he’d succeed, but the swamp did just overplay their hand.

Offline roamer_1

But, ultimately they will fail to stop Trump, update 2.0.  No guarantee he’d succeed, but the swamp did just overplay their hand.

They've overplayed their hand all the way along... and because of it Tumpy is dang near bulletproof.
Nice to see you back.  happy77

Offline Hoodat

Hey, I would have put the odds of indicting Trump in DC’s democrat friendly judicial system at 10/10.

No doubt.  However, for the statutes listed on the warrant, that indictment would have to originate in the State of Florida.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Indicted for what?  It is sheer nonsense to predict there is a 70% chance of him being indicted when you can't even come up with a crime to be indicted for.

You seem to be under an illusion that LAWS are in play here. Let me disabuse you of that notion. These people all know that if they ever allow the truth to be known it's curtains for them. @Hoodat 

Exhibit A:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:22:52 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien