Author Topic: WATCH: Fox News host Bret Baier slaps down Trump's declassification defense and Obama attack  (Read 926 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WATCH: Fox News host Bret Baier slaps down Trump's declassification defense and Obama attack
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
 | August 13, 2022 12:41 PM

Although several conservative commentators were quick to amplify former President Donald Trump’s defenses that his predecessor had also improperly kept classified White House documents, others turned to call his bluff.

Fox News host Bret Baier rejected claims that former President Barack Obama had also unlawfully taken 30 million pages of documents from the House, which Trump had sought to use as evidence that the FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home earlier this was politically motivated.

“There is a process” to declassify documents and remove them from the White House, Baier said. “Everything we know [about Obama’s records] followed all of those, the processes to get those documents to Chicago. … But how they were handled was done by that process.”

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1558159107340763139

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/justice/bret-baier-trump-declassification-defense-obama-fbi-espionage
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why no mention of Hillary, Bret?

"Who did this? 🤣🤣🤣"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ImMeme0/status/1558252009395986432

Offline yodaspock

Fox News host Bret Baier rejected claims that former President Barack Obama had also unlawfully taken 30 million pages of documents from the House, which Trump had sought to use as evidence that the FBI raid on his Mar-a-Lago home earlier this was politically motivated.

“There is a process” to declassify documents and remove them from the White House, Baier said. “Everything we know [about Obama’s records] followed all of those, the processes to get those documents to Chicago. … But how they were handled was done by that process.”

Brett is a Bozo like normal!
There is no administrative process for the sitting president to declassify documents.

Brett how about losing some weight!

https://bongino.com/ep-1829-an-fbi-agent-blows-the-cover-off-the-mar-a-lago-raid

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yes, Comey did leak classified information

The new report from the Justice Department inspector general proves beyond any doubt that fired FBI Director James Comey leaked sensitive law enforcement material in the Trump-Russia investigation. Doing so set a "dangerous example" for the bureau's other employees, Inspector General Michael Horowitz wrote.

Still, Comey's supporters have claimed exoneration on one front: that Comey did not leak classified information. Some reacted angrily when President Trump tweeted that Comey had done so...

Excerpt: Rest at headline link.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 06:28:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I used to really like him...boy have things changed. I cannot watch him anymore... 888mouth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I used to really like him...boy have things changed. I cannot watch him anymore... 888mouth

Welcome to the club!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Baier:
“There is a process” to declassify documents and remove them from the White House, Baier said. “Everything we know [about Obama’s records] followed all of those, the processes to get those documents to Chicago.

For comparison, was Baier able to identify the instances where Trump violated that process that Obama followed?  Or was he simply reading directly from DNC talking points with zero knowledge of what that process actually is?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
For comparison, was Baier able to identify the instances where Trump violated that process that Obama followed?  Or was he simply reading directly from DNC talking points with zero knowledge of what that process actually is?

He's reading whatever his producer put on his teleprompter.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Baier is a lying POS.

Obama NSC Advisor Susan Rice’s Unmasking Material is at Obama Library

JUNE 19, 2017

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today announced that the National Security Council (NSC) on May 23, 2017, informed it by letter that the materials regarding the unmasking by Obama National Security Advisor Susan Rice of “the identities of any U.S. citizens associated with the Trump presidential campaign or transition team” have been removed to the Obama Library.

The NSC will not fulfill an April 4 Judicial Watch request for records regarding information relating to people “who were identified pursuant to intelligence collection activities.”

The agency also informed Judicial Watch that it would not turn over communications with any Intelligence Community member or agency concerning the alleged Russian involvement in the 2016 presidential election; the hacking of DNC computers; or the suspected communications between Russia and Trump campaign/transition officials. Specifically, the NSC told Judicial Watch:

Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library.  You may send your request to the Obama Library.  However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office.

Judicial Watch’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) April 4 request sought:

1.) Any and all requests for information, analyses, summaries, assessments, transcripts, or similar records submitted to any Intelligence Community member agency or any official, employee, or representative thereof by former National Security Advisor Susan Rice regarding, concerning, or related to the following:

• Any actual or suspected effort by the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government to influence or otherwise interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

• The alleged hacking of computer systems utilized by the Democratic National Committee and/or the Clinton presidential campaign.

• Any actual or suspected communication between any member of the Trump presidential campaign or transition team and any official or employee of the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government.  .  .  .

https://www.judicialwatch.org/judicial-watch-obama-nsc-advisor-susan-rices-unmasking-material-obama-library/

This is all information that had been labeled as 'classified'.  Yet after a FOIA request, Judicial Watch was told that these 'classified' documents were no longer available because they had been transferred to the Obama Library (which hasn't been built).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

I'd say Bret Baier is considerably more trustworthy than Donny "I'll Take The Fifth" Trump.

Offline Hoodat

I'd say Bret Baier is considerably more trustworthy than Donny

Even after making a claim that is patently false?  There's that 'integrity' thing again.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

Even after making a claim that is patently false?  There's that 'integrity' thing again.
How is it patently false?

Offline Hoodat

How is it patently false?

Baier claims that all documents were declassified by some 'official and proper' undisclosed process before reaching Chicago.  Yet the FOIA request from Judicial Watch proves that documents were sent there before being declassified, specifically those relating to Russian collusion in the 2016 race.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-