Author Topic: Lee Zeldin in striking distance of Kathy Hochul, voters tired of Chuck Schumer  (Read 351 times)

Offline Kamaji

Lee Zeldin in striking distance of Kathy Hochul, voters tired of Chuck Schumer: poll

By Carl Campanile
August 11, 2022

President Biden’s popularity is sagging even further in blue-leaning New York, according to a new poll that also has Republican Lee Zeldin in striking distance of Democratic Gov. Kathy Hochul.

The same survey shows more voters prefer someone else to re-electing Democratic incumbent Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The survey of 600 likely voters conducted from Aug. 7-9 and commissioned by GOP businessman John Jordan and consultant Dick Morris shows that just 44% approve of Biden’s performance and 52% disapprove of the president in the Democrat-heavy state.

In the governor’s race, Hochul received support of 48% of likely voters to 40% for Zeldin — a lead that is about half of what public polls released last week by Siena and Emerson colleges found.

Schumer, the powerful majority leader first elected statewide in 1998, is up for re-election this year. He faces off against Republican nominee Joe Pinion.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/11/lee-zeldin-in-striking-distance-of-kathy-hochul-voters-tired-of-chuck-schumer-poll/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"In the governor’s race, Hochul received support of 48% of likely voters to 40% for Zeldin — a lead that is about half of what public polls released last week by Siena and Emerson colleges found."

She's already at 48% now?
Done deal.
Mr. Zeldin will make a good showing.
But ... he's gonna lose.

(I'd enjoy being proven wrong on this prediction in November. But I won't be)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"In the governor’s race, Hochul received support of 48% of likely voters to 40% for Zeldin — a lead that is about half of what public polls released last week by Siena and Emerson colleges found."

She's already at 48% now?
Done deal.
Mr. Zeldin will make a good showing.
But ... he's gonna lose.

(I'd enjoy being proven wrong on this prediction in November. But I won't be)

Hence the words "Striking Distance" in the headline.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: