Author Topic: World Economic Forum Wants To Use AI To Automatically Censor Speech On The Internet  (Read 940 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

World Economic Forum Wants To Use AI To Automatically Censor Speech On The Internet
Daily Caller, Aug 11, 2022

The World Economic Forum (WEF) proposed a new way of censoring online content that requires a small group of experts to train artificial intelligence on identifying “misinformation” and abusive content.

The WEF published an article Wednesday outlining a plan to overcome frequent instances of “child abuse, extremism, disinformation, hate speech and fraud” online, which the organization said cannot be handled by human “trust and safety teams,” according to ActiveFence Trusty & Safety Vice President Inbal Goldberger, who authored the article. Instead, the WEF proposed an AI-driven method of moderating online content, where subject matter experts provide training sets to the AI so it can learn to recognize and flag or restrict content that human moderators would deem dangerous.

“Supplementing this smarter automated detection with human expertise to review edge cases and identify false positives and negatives and then feeding those findings back into training sets will allow us to create AI with human intelligence baked in,” Goldberger stated.

In other words, trust and safety teams can help the AI with anomalous cases, allowing it to detect nuances in content that a purely automated system might otherwise miss or misinterpret, according to Goldberger.

“A human moderator who is an expert in European white supremacy won’t necessarily be able to recognize harmful content in India or misinformation narratives in Kenya,” she explained. As time goes on and the AI practices with more learning sets, it begins to identify the kinds of content moderating teams would find offensive, reaching “near-perfect detection” at a massive scale,

Goldberger said the system would protect against “increasingly advanced actors misusing platforms in unique ways.”

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/11/world-economic-forum-ai-censor-spech/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Offline EdinVA

Well, I guess they would be experts on ARTIFICIAL intelligence.

No worries ---- this guy's not a Russian ----- so we can rest easy.

I know I do.   888blackhat

Offline roamer_1

Oh swell... You get nicked for speech and there's not even anyone to sue.

Not much you can do about it. That danged ol AI is just fickle sometimes... So just avoid saying the stuff it hangs up on....  :whistle:

.. So just avoid saying the stuff it hangs up on....  :whistle:

Isn't this the whole damn point?

Offline roamer_1

Isn't this the whole damn point?

What, do I need a sarcasm tag now?

Offline libertybele

:thud:  What next? I give up.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

:thud:  What next? I give up.

At some point - And I know this will be hard for some folks - At some point you will have to do the impossible and turn off your TV and your phone.

:terror:

What, do I need a sarcasm tag now?

Couldn't hurt.   :laugh:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fecebook already did, or something like it. THere were posts i made there and one mentioned how gas was X dollars cheaper when Trump was president. It was shadow banned--only I could see it...until i edited it to say under the previous administration and removed Trump's name. Then it posted just fine.

Other posts about COVID got that treatment, even one which was just links to two peer reviewed medical journal articles in the NIH library were slapped down as "misinformation", and that came up when they posted--a bot, and not a human did that, because a human didn't have time to read it.

What's really scary about these people is that that AI could be programmed to strip our world of any particular idea, belief, facts, you name it--or plant hideous ideas as if they were good. The media do that now, but at least there are alternatives.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis