Author Topic: Knucklehead Of The Week: After Mar-a-Lago Raid, Entire GOP Has Trump’s Back, With One Exception… Chr  (Read 364 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Knucklehead Of The Week: After Mar-a-Lago Raid, Entire GOP Has Trump’s Back, With One Exception… Chris Christie

by PF Whalen August 13, 2022

One thing we must give Democrats credit for is their unity. Yes, certain members of the party such as Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) will occasionally diverge from the party line and oppose particularly radical pieces of legislation, but when it comes to big moments and key votes – on impeachment, for instance – Democrats circle the wagons. Contrarily, Republicans tend to fracture at the most inopportune moments, which is why it was refreshing to see virtual unanimity amongst the GOP after Monday’s outrageous raid on former President Donald Trump’s residence Mar-a-Lago. Almost all notable Republicans supported Trump after the ordeal; all except for one.

Winner: Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is the only major Republican figure not to denounce Monday’s FBI raid on Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence.

Admittedly, there are two legitimate disagreements our readers could point out with that headline. First, does Chris Christie truly qualify as a “major” figure these days? And second, is Chris Christie even a Republican anymore? Those are two fair questions, but we must note that Christie himself almost certainly still considers the answers to both to be, ‘Yes.’

It shouldn’t have been difficult for Mr. Christie. Regardless of one’s dislike or disdain for Mr. Trump, what the FBI, and by proxy the Biden Administration, did on Monday was one of the worst examples of federal authoritarianism in the history of this country. This was a layup for Christie; a six-inch putt; a no-brainer. All he had to say was something like, “What Biden, Attorney General Merrick Garland, and FBI Director Christopher Wray did at Mar-a-Lago was completely unacceptable, and like a scene from a George Orwell novel. We need explanations and justifications immediately.” All true, and a piece of cake.

more
https://thebluestateconservative.com/2022/08/13/knucklehead-of-the-week-after-mar-a-lago-raid-entire-gop-has-trumps-back-with-one-exception-chris-christie/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
There are a hell of a lot more exceptions than just Chris Christie!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There are a hell of a lot more exceptions than just Chris Christie!

Yup!  What's most notable about him is he's been anti-Trump since the escalator ride, and he's as worthless as an ex-Governor can be.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
My observation has been the other way around.

The silence of the rank and file GOP is very noticeable.  And incredibly cowardly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My observation has been the other way around.

The silence of the rank and file GOP is very noticeable.  And incredibly cowardly.

https://twitter.com/EpochTVus/status/1558251972121317377
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

...Entire GOP Has Trump’s Back

Since when?