Author Topic: Should Trump Run in 2024?  (Read 4185 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Should Trump Run in 2024?
« on: August 13, 2022, 02:41:17 pm »
August 13, 2022
Should Trump Run in 2024?
By John C. Chalberg

At this historical moment, somewhere around half the country remains ready to utter some version of "good riddance" to Donald Trump.  And yet, in the not too distant future, a solid majority of Americans may well find themselves thanking Mr. Trump not once, but perhaps three or even four times.

For starters, he deserves thanks for running and winning in 2016.  Secondly, he can be thanked for running and losing in 2020.  (Stay tuned on that one.)  Then there remains the hope that he soon might be thanked for choosing, Coolidge-like, not to run in 2024 before being slapped on the back a fourth time for supporting the political party that he has played a crucial role in remaking.

That would be the same Republican Party that came into being in the mid-19th century, when Abraham Lincoln's Whig Party could not be remade.  This would also be the same political party that Trump could destroy, if he should choose to abandon it.

All of this presumes that the eventual Republican nominee 1) presides over a big tent GOP that includes Trump constituents; 2) essentially follows Trump policies, domestic and foreign; 3) exhibits a Trumpian willingness to fight; and 4) wins the two terms that Trump did not.  After all, it will likely take two full terms of Republican executive and legislative governance to set the country on a course that is at once new and old.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/08/should_trump_run_in_2024.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Should Trump Run in 2024?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 04:12:53 pm »
That is up to President Trump if he wants to be 47.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 04:16:05 pm »

:yowsa: Absolutely! If he runs he will have my full support!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 04:20:21 pm »
Personal note to any lowlife POS lurking liberal visiting here on my response to this question.......

A week ago, I would have said "NO"!!!

Not today.  Garland's little stunt just added probably 5-10% to Trump's support nation wide.

You sons of bitches need to learn the laws of unintended consequences!!!!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 06:39:48 pm »
Personal note to any lowlife POS lurking liberal visiting here on my response to this question.......

A week ago, I would have said "NO"!!!

Not today.  Garland's little stunt just added probably 5-10% to Trump's support nation wide.

You sons of bitches need to learn the laws of unintended consequences!!!!!!!

How do we know it was "unintended?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 09:25:12 pm »

Don't the numbers indicate the number of men who have held the office of the Presidency ?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 09:58:35 pm »
Don't the numbers indicate the number of men who have held the office of the Presidency ?

No...Grover Cleveland had non consecutive terms and is considered the 22nd and 24th POTUS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 10:10:51 pm »
No...Grover Cleveland had non consecutive terms and is considered the 22nd and 24th POTUS.

LOL!  So cool to have a Confederate Flag moniker remind us!   :beer:   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 10:20:29 pm »

Then the numbering doesn't make sense. 

The numbers should reflect the number of terms --- making Washington the 1st and 2nd President;  and all others adjusted accordingly.

Or the records should show the number of officeholders and the number adjusted accordingly:

22.  Grover Cleveland:         Mar 4, 1885 -- Mar 4, 1998
                                                Mar 4, 1893 -- Mar 4, 1897

45. Donald J. Trump:          Jan 20, 2017 - Jan 20, 2021
                                               Jan 20, 2025 - Jan 20, 2029

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 10:31:19 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 10:23:50 pm »
Then the numbering doesn't make sense.  Washington should be the 1st and 2nd President and all others adjusted accordingly.

:shrug:

I have no idea who made the POTUS enumeration rules......

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 10:32:30 pm »
:shrug:

I have no idea who made the POTUS enumeration rules......

Apparently, no one did.   :laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 10:47:06 pm »
Then the numbering doesn't make sense. 

The numbers should reflect the number of terms --- making Washington the 1st and 2nd President;  and all others adjusted accordingly.

Or the records should show the number of officeholders and the number adjusted accordingly:

22.  Grover Cleveland:         Mar 4, 1885 -- Mar 4, 1998
                                                Mar 4, 1893 -- Mar 4, 1897

45. Donald J. Trump:          Jan 20, 2017 - Jan 20, 2021
                                               Jan 20, 2025 - Jan 20, 2029

Huh? It makes PERFECT sense to me as it is. When Trump is elected again, he will become the 47th president and history will record him as both the 45th and 47th.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 02:49:58 am »

That's correct.
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 12:52:58 pm »
I don't want to wish death on anyone, but the best case scenario is that he has a fatal heart attack and all of this becomes moot.

The cult of personality will never move on unless he is totally out of the picture.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 01:56:26 pm »
I don't want to wish death on anyone, but the best case scenario is that he has a fatal heart attack and all of this becomes moot.

The cult of personality will never move on unless he is totally out of the picture.

I don't think it is the "cult of personality" that is making 50+% of the country want Trump back.  Things like 15% inflation, oil industry destruction, and foreign policy disasters that are fueling the support.

And if you weren't watching, none of the really other good candidates out there are likely to address bleaching the swamp that is causing this.  In fact last week I was behind DeSantis.  But after seeing what level the dim's will go last week to destroy Trump, one truly has to understand that he probably is the only one willing, and has the stomach to deal with it.

You might find the color orange offensive, but if you want another Turtle like RINO in 2024, knock yourself out.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 01:59:32 pm »

**nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2022, 03:40:14 pm »

That's cold blooded man!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 03:51:16 pm »
Unless Melania puts her foot down and says no, he will and should run.
If he does not run then expect 8 more years like the last 2...

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 03:58:37 pm »

You chose to double-biotch slap fellow Briefers @jmyrlefuller ----- insulting them after wishing their candidate dead.  This is as cold as a human being can get.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:00:59 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 04:03:08 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

LOL!  That's cold, my friend!   At least you're honest.

PS:  don't tell a woman that if the subject ever comes up!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 04:11:04 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

LOL!  That's cold, my friend!   At least you're honest.

PS:  don't tell a woman that if the subject ever comes up!     

I don't think @jmyrlefuller is funny @DCPatriot   ---- even if it is the missing piece of his life puzzle.  It is offensive; especially from a TBR moderator.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 04:26:33 pm »
I don't think @jmyrlefuller is funny @DCPatriot   ---- even if it is the missing piece of his life puzzle.  It is offensive; especially from a TBR moderator.

@Right_in_Virginia

I understand!  My only 'excuse'...that compared to everything else that
we've seen these past 1-1/2 years, it didn't faze me a bit.

At this point, minds are set.  If anybody isn't sure about Pres. Trump, then I just 'Dionne Warwick' them... Walk on By

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 04:27:56 pm »

Wishing death upon anybody used to be a cardinal sin on any message board.

Very strange seeing it heaped towards one who shares similar ideology.  I'll chalk it up to fuller having a bad day

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2022, 04:32:30 pm »
Trump running in 2024 would be the Democrats dream come true. Some won’t acknowledge it, but Trump wasn’t a popular President with the general public. As a result, Trump running in 2024 would allow the DNC to make the election about Trump and not about crime, a broken border, and inflation.

Also, it is possible things could improve by the 2024 election

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idiot

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2022, 04:53:32 pm »
Trump running in 2024 would be the Democrats dream come true. Some won’t acknowledge it, but Trump wasn’t a popular President with the general public. As a result, Trump running in 2024 would allow the DNC to make the election about Trump and not about crime, a broken border, and inflation.

Also, it is possible things could improve by the 2024 election
It doesn't matter who the repubs run for president, they'll be trashed unmercifully by the media.  It's just what they do....