Author Topic: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit  (Read 5111 times)

Offline bilo

Re: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2022, 07:48:44 pm »
We had a few Briefers quit because the majority of the Forum thought he may not be guilty and that this was a political dirty trick.

They insisted we should not demand evidence that Moore was a creep and should not be elected dog catcher.  I lost a good friend in that fiasco, and now Moore's vindicated.  My friend will never come back.

Shame on them. It's tough to lose friends, but if they don't hold fast to the belief in innocent until proven guilty they really aren't all that conservative.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2022, 07:53:11 pm »
That's fine. It's jumping on the media bandwagon at a mere allegation that I object to. STRENIOUSLY!

God Bless you.

You are right. There are principals that need to be lived by especially when it's not popular.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 08:25:14 pm »
You recall just fine @libertybele ! In fact, IMHO HE was the driving force behind ALL of it!  And BTW: Roy Moore isn't the only one he has done this kind of thing to. God forgive me, but I HATE that bastard!
Moore was not one of the Good ol' boys McConnell wanted in the Swamp. He is a man who would call 'em as he sees 'em, and would out the GOP just as fast as the Democrat Swamp critters in the event of impropriety.
That would make him a proverbial loose cannon on a weather deck.

McConnell (and the rest of the GOP) dropped him at the first sign of allegations and backed someone far less conservative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2022, 08:26:18 pm »
:yowsa: Couldn't agree more! I'm SICK of supposedly conservative people allowing themselves to be led down the primrose path by our thoroughly corrupt media!

@Bigun

Most will never admit it,but it is all based on class envy. They hate anyone that has more than them,and love to see them take a hit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2022, 08:29:32 pm »
It's easy for them to dump huge sums of money when they know it will all come back tenfold if they win!  Right straight out of the public treasury!

@Bigun

Well,at least a few of them OWN the Federal Reserve/public treasury. Hard to go wrong investing when you know months ahead of time what the economy is going to do,and you get paid interest on the money you lend the government,and can then use that money to buy up real property during the coming financial collapse.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2022, 08:38:14 pm »
As best I understand this lawsuit .... it was defamation based on how the opposition PAC spliced together quotes from the Washington Post article.

Does anyone know if Moore has sued The Post or the "witnesses" for being the source of the defamation?

???

If the "opposition PAC spliced together quotes....", isn't suing the Post frivolous?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline berdie

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2022, 08:42:26 pm »
I'm glad to hear he won his lawsuit. Not that I have any particular attachment to him, but I hate to see anyone railroaded.

Now...how does he ever get his reputation back? (rhetorical)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2022, 08:44:56 pm »

???

If the "opposition PAC spliced together quotes....", isn't suing the Post frivolous?

I don't think so @DCPatriot  But, I'm not an attorney. 

It just seems vindication is winning a defamation suit against the originators of the (mis)information  --- which the judge may have already done and why I asked.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2022, 08:46:25 pm »
VERY SWEET.

Though I doubt the many here that tried to tear him down will admit their error.

@Sighlass , no doubt more than any other, gets the 'See, I told you so'  :beer:

LOL, I just found out myself, I was coming to post a "rub your nose in is article"... But my friends here had already beat me to it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2022, 08:51:04 pm »
If I recall, McConnell assisted with destroying Moore.

I expected it from RINOs, probable the most hurtful was Jeff Sessions and the one Ted Cruz did. That hurt me because I was a 100% Cruz man at the time... I guess all men have flaws, but I held Cruz on a pedestal.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2022, 09:00:10 pm »
I don't think so @DCPatriot  But, I'm not an attorney. 

It just seems vindication is winning a defamation suit against the originators of the (mis)information  --- which the judge may have already done and why I asked.

Thanks, @Right_in_Virginia

Recall we all voiced a little concern that the GOP wasn't vetting their candidates sufficiently.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2022, 09:34:58 pm »
Ecstatic for him. Said from minute one that it all smelled like crap.

Hope he takes some of the money and sues the Post and all the other media orgs that slandered him.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2022, 11:03:05 pm »
Thanks for the ping to the old thread @Hoodat.... Seems I was a little late getting there and Mod 3 locked the thread while I was looking it over (for ole time sakes).

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2022, 11:08:03 pm »
Thanks for the ping to the old thread @Hoodat.... Seems I was a little late getting there and Mod 3 locked the thread while I was looking it over (for ole time sakes).

Yeah!  It appears that our history is being hidden and I don't like that even a little bit! What gives @mystery-ak
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2022, 12:32:02 am »
Looking back, it was a sober reminder of how antagonistic our GOP leadership is to anything Conservative.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Jury: Democratic PAC defamed Roy Moore, awards him $8.2M
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2022, 02:17:05 am »
Dispatch Argus  By KIM CHANDLER Aug 12, 2022

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A federal jury awarded Republican Roy Moore $8.2 million in damages Friday after finding a Democratic-aligned super PAC defamed him in a TV ad recounting sexual misconduct accusations during his failed 2017 U.S. Senate bid in Alabama.

Jurors found the Senate Majority PAC made false and defamatory statements against Moore in one ad that attempted to highlight the accusations against Moore. The verdict, returned by a jury after a brief trial in Anniston, Alabama, was a victory for Moore, who has lost other defamation lawsuits, including one against comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

“We’re very thankful to God for an opportunity to help restore my reputation which was severely damaged by the 2017 election,” Moore said in a telephone interview.

Ben Stafford, an attorney representing Senate Majority PAC, said in an emailed statement that they believe the ruling would be overturned on appeal.

Moore, a former Republican judge known for his hardline stances opposing same-sex marriage and supporting the public display of Ten Commandments, lost the 2017 Senate race after his campaign was rocked by misconduct allegations against him. Leigh Corfman told The Washington Post and said Moore sexually touched her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. Moore denied the accusation. Other women said Moore dated them, or asked them out on dates, when they were older teens.

Moore: https://qconline.com/news/national/jury-democratic-pac-defamed-roy-moore-awards-him-8-2m/article_f206c6e7-5cc7-5696-ad25-ff04cac2354c.html

Offline MOD4

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2022, 02:35:27 am »
Topics merged.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2022, 05:19:00 am »
Yeah!  It appears that our history is being hidden and I don't like that even a little bit! What gives @mystery-ak
Even when people complain about others being unconstitutional there are even mods on this site that don't embrace the 1st amendment and regulate speech.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2022, 06:14:50 am »
Even when people complain about others being unconstitutional there are even mods on this site that don't embrace the 1st amendment and regulate speech.

I think they're on the Archives page.  Easier to find them there than digging through five years of posts.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2022, 12:11:38 pm »
Same.  That somebody would take a powder over an insoluble argument like that just proves they were never a friend in the first place.

I’ve seen family members break up over political disagreements
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2022, 12:55:53 pm »
Oh, please. Hyperbole is not helpful.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2022, 01:56:58 pm »
Oh, please. Hyperbole is not helpful.
There is no hyperbole in my statement. It's just a fact.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2022, 05:23:40 pm »

So there's no arguing with you about this, hmm?

:pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2022, 06:34:35 pm »

You may want to go back and reread Amendment I.  Not sure how a MOD moving a thread to the Archives page has anything to do with a prohibition placed on Congress.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2022, 07:01:16 pm »
You may want to go back and reread Amendment I.  Not sure how a MOD moving a thread to the Archives page has anything to do with a prohibition placed on Congress.
My statement had nothing to do with moving a thread. I was talking about mods restricting and punishing free speech.