Author Topic: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit  (Read 5116 times)

Offline Hoodat

Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit

M Dowling  |  August 12, 2022

A federal jury awarded Republican Roy Moore $8.2 million in damages Friday after finding that a Democratic super PAC defamed him in an advertisement during the 2017 U.S. Senate race in Alabama.

Conservative Roy Moore had won the Senate primary. Democrats then set out to destroy his candidacy.

Jurors found the Senate Majority PAC made false and defamatory statements against Moore in the ad that attempted to capitalize on a sexual misconduct accusation made against Moore during the 2017 race, Yahoo News reports.

The problem began after a woman came forward to The Washington Post and said Moore sexually touched her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. There was no evidence.

Moore denied the accusation.

Other women said Moore dated them, or asked them out on dates, when they were older teens.

Again, no evidence.

The lawsuit centered on one television commercial that recounted accusations against Moore in various news articles.

Moore’s attorneys argued the ad falsely claimed he solicited sex from young girls at a shopping mall, including another 14-year-old who was working as a Santa’s helper, and that resulted in him being banned from the mall.  .  .

https://www.independentsentinel.com/judge-roy-moore-vindicated-wins-8-2-million-defamation-lawsuit/

Sweet.  @Sighlass
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

Re: Judge Roy Moore Vindicated, Wins $8.2 Million Defamation Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 03:52:40 am »
VERY SWEET.

Though I doubt the many here that tried to tear him down will admit their error.

@Sighlass , no doubt more than any other, gets the 'See, I told you so'  :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 04:08:06 am »
@Hoodat

The saddest part about that is the people that tried to defame him have so much money that spending 8+ million to defame a political enemy is just shrugged of as "just a part of doing business."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 04:14:50 am »
@Hoodat

The saddest part about that is the people that tried to defame him have so much money that spending 8+ million to defame a political enemy is just shrugged of as "just a part of doing business."

This same group dumped a bunch of money here in Georgia in 2020 for a generate-fake-ballots campaign for the two Dem Senators.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 04:35:00 am »
This same group dumped a bunch of money here in Georgia in 2020 for a generate-fake-ballots campaign for the two Dem Senators

@Hoodat

Well,it is easy for them to justify dumping huge chucks of money to try to dominate America to the point where you OWN it and everything and  everyone in when you think it is just pocket change being spent to buy control of the world.

And it ain't like they have clever followers. Just how freaking stupid do you  have to be to believe that a cabal of Billionaires is REALLY going to divide everything equally amongst everyone once they have absolute power?

Probably won't make many more posts tonight. Pain pills ain't just kicking in,they are kicking field goals.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:38:42 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 04:55:52 am »
Shouldn't the Washington Post have been included in the lawsuit  ---- or can they now be sued separately?

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:57:17 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 10:08:24 am »
About time.
I didn't believe that crap when it came out, but so many were willing to throw him to the wolves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 02:10:22 pm »
We had a few Briefers quit because the majority of the Forum thought he may not be guilty and that this was a political dirty trick.

They insisted we should not demand evidence that Moore was a creep and should not be elected dog catcher.  I lost a good friend in that fiasco, and now Moore's vindicated.  My friend will never come back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 02:14:11 pm »
I had no opinion on Moore one way or the other, but it's good see someone win a defamation suit. It's not easy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 02:18:59 pm »
VERY SWEET.

Though I doubt the many here that tried to tear him down will admit their error.

:yowsa: Couldn't agree more! I'm SICK of supposedly conservative people allowing themselves to be led down the primrose path by our thoroughly corrupt media!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2022, 02:23:18 pm »
@Hoodat

Well,it is easy for them to justify dumping huge chucks of money to try to dominate America to the point where you OWN it and everything and  everyone in when you think it is just pocket change being spent to buy control of the world.

And it ain't like they have clever followers. Just how freaking stupid do you  have to be to believe that a cabal of Billionaires is REALLY going to divide everything equally amongst everyone once they have absolute power?

Probably won't make many more posts tonight. Pain pills ain't just kicking in,they are kicking field goals.

It's easy for them to dump huge sums of money when they know it will all come back tenfold if they win!  Right straight out of the public treasury!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2022, 02:26:34 pm »
We had a few Briefers quit because the majority of the Forum thought he may not be guilty and that this was a political dirty trick.

They insisted we should not demand evidence that Moore was a creep and should not be elected dog catcher.  I lost a good friend in that fiasco, and now Moore's vindicated.  My friend will never come back.

I well remember it all! I also lost friends over it. But I'm not about to stop calling them as I see them! Ever!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 02:44:40 pm »
As best I understand this lawsuit .... it was defamation based on how the opposition PAC spliced together quotes from the Washington Post article.

Does anyone know if Moore has sued The Post or the "witnesses" for being the source of the defamation? 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 02:55:02 pm »
If I recall, McConnell assisted with destroying Moore.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 02:59:13 pm »

You recall just fine @libertybele ! In fact, IMHO HE was the driving force behind ALL of it!  And BTW: Roy Moore isn't the only one he has done this kind of thing to. God forgive me, but I HATE that bastard!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2022, 03:00:50 pm »
You recall just fine @libertybele ! In fact, IMHO HE was the driving force behind ALL of it!  And BTW: Roy Moore isn't the only one he has done this kind of thing to. God forgive me, but I HATE that bastard!

Yes, Moore isn't the only one and I'm not fond of the SOB either!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 03:04:33 pm »
I liked Moore a lot.  I just thought he was a weak candidate.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 03:06:00 pm »
I well remember it all! I also lost friends over it. But I'm not about to stop calling them as I see them! Ever!

Same.  That somebody would take a powder over an insoluble argument like that just proves they were never a friend in the first place.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2022, 03:07:38 pm »

With glee, as a matter of fact.  Turtle hates all conservatives, and he's proud of his accomplishments keeping "those people" out of office.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2022, 03:10:20 pm »
I liked Moore a lot.  I just thought he was a weak candidate.

That's fine. It's jumping on the media bandwagon at a mere allegation that I object to. STRENIOUSLY!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2022, 03:11:04 pm »
Same.  That somebody would take a powder over an insoluble argument like that just proves they were never a friend in the first place.

888high58888  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2022, 03:17:17 pm »
With glee, as a matter of fact.  Turtle hates all conservatives, and he's proud of his accomplishments keeping "those people" out of office.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 04:17:32 pm »
That's fine. It's jumping on the media bandwagon at a mere allegation that I object to. STRENUOUSLY!

As do I.  At the time, I defended him against the allegations.  I just wanted him to self-advocate more in his own defense.  If he had simply campaigned harder, he would have won.

This year, we're stuck with GOPe champion Katie Britt.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 04:19:00 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2022, 07:44:30 pm »
VERY SWEET.

:amen: Brother!

I remember arguing with posters about the injustice of how Moore was treated.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home