Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Garland  (Read 737 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Hill by Caroline Vakil - 08/12/22

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) announced on Friday that she had filed articles of impeachment against Attorney General Merrick Garland as the FBI’s search of the former president’s Florida residence roils Republicans.

Greene’s resolution claims that the attorney general’s “personal approval to seek a search warrant for the raid on the home of the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, constitutes a blatant attempt to persecute a political opponent.”

Her resolution claims that Garland’s “effort to unseal the search warrant for the home of former President Donald J. Trump constitutes an attempt to intimidate, harass, and potentially disqualify a political challenger to President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.”

More: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3599038-marjorie-taylor-greene-filed-articles-of-impeachment-against-garland/

Offline Hoodat

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene files articles of impeachment against Garland
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 01:53:01 am »
Can't wait for Pelosi to lose the gavel and MTG being awarded a committee seat.  She is one of only three Reps that is being denied a committee seat by the majority.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 10:28:07 am »
Can't wait for Pelosi to lose the gavel and MTG being awarded a committee seat.  She is one of only three Reps that is being denied a committee seat by the majority.
Sadly, I'm not so sure the GOP will give her one, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 03:41:57 pm »

I think Paul Gosar is one of the other two.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 03:46:59 pm »
I think Paul Gosar is one of the other two.

Greene, Boehert, Gaetz, and few others need to be tabbed into cabinet positions, and let them rip through the swamp like a bush hog.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 04:07:17 pm »

The new House will include way more America First members.  The GOP may not have a choice.   :crossed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 04:41:56 pm »

Yeah! Me either!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 04:42:40 pm »
The new House will include way more America First members.  The GOP may not have a choice.   :crossed:

888high58888  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2022, 07:40:15 pm »

If they don't enhance the authority of America First Reps their majority will be short lived.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2022, 11:13:29 pm »
Maybe MTG can host a dinner where they can serve gazpacho made in a peach tree dish.