Author Topic: Author Salman Rushdie reportedly stabbed after man stormed stage before New York speech  (Read 2029 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei praises stabbing of Salman Rushdie and says fatwa against Satanic Verses author was 'fired like a bullet that won't rest until it hits its target' as Islamic hardliners celebrate

Salman Rushdie, 75, has been airlifted to hospital after being stabbed up to 15 times, including once in the neck at a literary fair in Chautauqua, New York
    New York State Police confirmed that a man had been arrested in connection with the stabbing
    Rushdie wrote the Satanic Verses, which resulted in a culture war being sparked in 1988 in Britain
    He was issued a fatwa, a death threat, by Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini in February 1989
    Iran's current leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, reportedly said that the fatwa against Rushdie was 'fired like a bullet'

By Emma James For Dailymail.Com

Published: 18:03 EDT, 12 August 2022 | Updated: 18:26 EDT, 12 August 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11107259/Irans-Ayatollah-Khamenei-says-fatwa-against-Salman-Rushdie-fired-like-bullet.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A good guy with a gun could have stopped this in any state outside of NY.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
JK Rowling gets a death threat from Iran-supporting Islamist extremist telling her 'you are next' after she wished stabbed author Salman Rushdie - while his attacker is charged with attempted murder in US

British author JK Rowling has received a death threat from an Islamist based in Pakistan
    Harry Potter writer said on Twitter: 'Horrifying news. Feeling very sick right now. Let him be ok'
    She received the chilling reply from Pakistani extremist: 'Don't worry you are next'
    Rowling, 57,  has been pilloried in public ever since she objected to the term 'people who menstruate'
    Sir Salman, 75, is on a ventilator after he was stabbed multiple times by 'Iran sympathiser'

By Jack Wright For Mailonline

Published: 09:42 EDT, 13 August 2022 | Updated: 11:19 EDT, 13 August 2022

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11108543/JK-Rowling-gets-DEATH-THREAT-Islamist-Salman-Rushdie-attack.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A good guy with a gun could have stopped this in any state outside of NY.

Yep, and then throw his worthless carcass into a hog pen
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 07:54:08 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Ann Coulter
@AnnCoulter
5h
Why the f--k is Hadi Matar in my country?
... The U.S. used to be a safe haven for writers, refugees, religious minorities, women, etc etc. But then we had to have mass immigration from the third world, with particular preference for the violent, the primitive, the superstitious, the vastly expensive, the unskilled and the low-I.Q. ...

I guess Americans are going to have to get more accustomed to crazed Muslims running on stage at civic events in small town America and trying to stab the speaker to death, just as they’ve gotten accustomed to adding an hour to any commercial flight for intrusive security measures. Diversity is a strength!  ...
Ann Coulter
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

MAYVILLE, N.Y. (AP) — “The Satanic Verses” author Salman Rushdie was taken off a ventilator and able to talk Saturday, a day after he was stabbed as he prepared to give a lecture in upstate New York.

Rushdie remained hospitalized with serious injuries, but fellow author Aatish Taseer tweeted in the evening that he was “off the ventilator and talking (and joking).” Rushdie’s agent, Andrew Wylie, confirmed that information without offering further details.  ...

Rushdie, 75, suffered a damaged liver and severed nerves in an arm and an eye, Wylie said Friday evening. He was likely to lose the injured eye. ...
Full story from AP

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Waiting for the gang of four to condemn this attack

Online mountaineer

Amichai Stein
@AmichaiStein1
VICE News: Hadi Matar, the 24-year-old man who stabbed author Salman Rushdie, had been in direct contact with members of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps on social media, European and Middle Eastern intelligence: "the stabbing had all the hallmarks of a “guided” attack"
4:39 PM · Aug 14, 2022·

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Amichai Stein
@AmichaiStein1
VICE News: Hadi Matar, the 24-year-old man who stabbed author Salman Rushdie, had been in direct contact with members of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps on social media, European and Middle Eastern intelligence: "the stabbing had all the hallmarks of a “guided” attack"
4:39 PM · Aug 14, 2022·

Wonder how long a mouthy, antagonistic, cocky Muzzie would last in an American Prison?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online cato potatoe

Stabbed 15 times.  Salman Rushdie is fortunate to be alive, and I hope the remainder of his life is not pain-ridden.

Offline Kamaji

Mom of Salman Rushdie stabber Hadi Matar disowns son, says he ‘changed’ after Mideast trip

By Ben Kesslen
August 14, 2022

The mom of the New Jersey man accused of stabbing Salman Rushdie says her son was a basement-dwelling loner who barely worked, never had a girlfriend — and “changed” after visiting the Mideast.

Silvana Fardos, the mother of suspect Hadi Matar, 24, added to the Daily Mail on Sunday that she is disowning her son over his alleged crime and hopes Rushdie gets well.

“’I feel sorry for Mr Rushdie,” Fardos said.

As for her son, the mom added, “As I said to the FBI, I’m not going to bother talking to him again.

“He’s responsible for his actions,” she said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/08/14/mom-of-salman-rushdie-stabber-hadi-matar-says-she-wont-speak-to-son-again/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Padma Lakshmi breaks silence on attack of ex-husband Salman Rushdie: 'Can finally exhale'

After the brazen attack on author Salman Rushdie, the 75-year-old's ex-wife, Padma Lakshmi, is relieved to be past the "nightmare."

Taking to her Twitter account, the "Top Chef" personality broke her silence on the attack on the "Satanic Verses" author, writing she had been "worried and wordless" but "can finally exhale."

Lakshmi and Rushdie were married from 2004 through 2007 after beginning a relationship in 1999.

Lakshmi was transparent about the demise of their relationship, telling People that things turned sour when her independent celebrity grew and she became well-known for her culinary skills.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/padma-lakshmi-breaks-silence-attack-ex-husband-salman-rushdie-can-finally-exhale
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The mom of the New Jersey man accused of stabbing Salman Rushdie says her son was a basement-dwelling loner who barely worked, never had a girlfriend — and “changed” after visiting the Mideast."

"Every 'moderate' Muslim is a potential terrorist. The belief in Islam is like a tank of gasoline. It looks innocuous, until it meets the fire. For a 'moderate' Muslim to become a murderous jihadist, all it takes is a spark of faith.
It is time to put an end to the charade of "moderate Islam." There is no such thing as moderate Muslim. Muslims are either jihadists or dormant jihadists - moderate, they are not."

-- Ali Sini

Ali Sini is head of Faith Freedom International. FFI is a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat.