Author Topic: Newsweek: AG Garland Had 'No Prior Knowledge' of Mar-a-Lago Raid Guy Benson  (Read 312 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newsweek: AG Garland Had 'No Prior Knowledge' of Mar-a-Lago Raid
Guy Benson

Posted: Aug 11, 2022 9:45 AM

Spencer wrote yesterday about a bombshell Newsweek report, several elements of which I'm really struggling to believe.  The piece quotes unnamed law enforcement sources allegedly familiar with Monday's events in South Florida.  If the story is accurate -- and as far as I'm concerned, that remains a very big 'if' -- it's shocking.  Let's review what the report entails then consider the supposed revelations, via "senior government officials" who were described as having "direct knowledge of the FBI's deliberations:"

A confidential informer told the FBI what documents Donald Trump was hiding at Mar-a-Lago, and where. FBI decision-makers in Washington and Miami thought that denying the former president a photo opportunity or a platform from which to grandstand (or to attempt to thwart the raid) would lower the profile of the event, says one of the sources, a senior Justice Department official who is a 30-year veteran of the FBI. The effort to keep the raid low-key failed: instead, it prompted a furious response from GOP leaders and Trump supporters. "What a spectacular backfire," says the Justice official. "I know that there is much speculation out there that this is political persecution, but it is really the best and the worst of the bureaucracy in action," the official says. "They wanted to punctuate the fact that this was a routine law enforcement action, stripped of any political overtones, and yet [they] got exactly the opposite."

Even as someone who thinks the DOJ and FBI have created a serious credibility problem for themselves in recent years, I am incredulous at the idea that top "decision makers" could have possibly believed that anyone would view this operation as 'low key.'  There is absolutely nothing "routine" about a law enforcement action that raids the personal residence of a former President of the United States (and someone who is likely to seek the office again).  That is not routine.  It is extraordinary and unprecedented.  It might or might not prove to have been justified once we get more information, but it's ludicrous to pretend that this was just a normal day at the office.  And it's beyond naive to think that such a raid would be "stripped of any political overtones" in the realm of public perception.  If these details resemble the reality of what happened, the people in charge are arguably too stupid to continue in their positions.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2022/08/11/newsweek-ag-garland-had-no-prior-knowledge-of-maralago-raid-n2611580
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Newsweek: AG Garland Had 'No Prior Knowledge' of Mar-a-Lago Raid
Guy Benson

Anybody that believes that isn't sane enough to be allowed to vote.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Garland says the opposite today.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's a shame Garland himself put the lie to this.  @Hoodat you called it in the post upthread.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: