Author Topic: Biden admin: Medical marijuana users shouldn’t have 2A rights; are ‘dangerous criminals’  (Read 3295 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I would imagine it is quite the opposite. Right now most the drug dealer thugs doing the city shooting are.... partaking... and proud of it.

I have a 99.9% suspicion that those violent drug dealers are also partaking of things like Meth, Crack, and other stimulants that would get them "hopped" up into violent acts.

The typical stoner who does nothing but weed, is probably the most docile, harmless human on the planet
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

I have a 99.9% suspicion that those violent drug dealers are also partaking of things like Meth, Crack, and other stimulants that would get them "hopped" up into violent acts.

The typical stoner who does nothing but weed, is probably the most docile, harmless human on the planet

:thumbsup:

Offline aligncare

True. I think this goes back to personality types; chicken and egg sorta thing. If a person is at their core non-violent unless threatened, does smoking weed change that? Anecdotal evidence as well as controlled studies say no.

As for drug addiction, while the environment a person grows up in, along with a person's behavior, influences whether he or she becomes addicted to drugs, genetics plays a key role as well. Scientists estimate that genetic factors account for 40 to 60 percent of a person's vulnerability to addiction.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
True. I think this goes back to personality types; chicken and egg sorta thing. If a person is at their core non-violent unless threatened, does smoking weed change that? Anecdotal evidence as well as controlled studies say no.

@aligncare

I have to disagree with that one. I was violent,on the edge of being out of control,until I started smoking a lot of weed. It calmed me right down to the point of being semi-rational when I wasn't bombed. I was suddenly willing to cut people some slack.

Not anyone that tried to get physical with me,mind you,but the typical loon that just likes to run their mouths. I got to the point where I could usually just laugh at them and walk away even when I wasn't high.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

@GtHawk

I hadn't even thought of that,and damned if you didn't nail it right out of the box!
When they are waving their right hand, you better be watching the left one.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   Being a Stoner, my 38 is not easy to get too~due to my desire to date crazy woman.

@corbe

I posted this before and the post disappeared.

I have a stock 38 Ford "Standard" 2dr "humpback" out in my shop. Mine is keeping the flattie,and becoming a 40's-50's hot  rod. 3x2 intake,finned Edelbrock heads,headers with glasspacks, Big and little white wall tires,40 Ford hubs and hydraulic brakes,and baby blue paint. Finally found all the stuff to do this,and then started having physical problems.

Offline roamer_1

@corbe

I posted this before and the post disappeared.

I have a stock 38 Ford "Standard" 2dr "humpback" out in my shop. Mine is keeping the flattie,and becoming a 40's-50's hot  rod. 3x2 intake,finned Edelbrock heads,headers with glasspacks, Big and little white wall tires,40 Ford hubs and hydraulic brakes,and baby blue paint. Finally found all the stuff to do this,and then started having physical problems.

My unicorn is a Deuce Coupe... Probably never gonna get to that one.  :shrug: **nononono*

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My unicorn is a Deuce Coupe... Probably never gonna get to that one.  :shrug: **nononono*

@roamer_1

Have one of them,too. Channeled 5 window originally built in the late 40's with an extended chassis and dropped "Dago" front axle in a "suicide front end" set up. I bought it from the former girl friend of the guy that bought and wrecked it. The chassis was both twisted and bent,and I had to have new frame rails built to slide over the stubs of the old chassis. I got a "rebuilt" 350/350 with it and paid 2500 bucks for it all. The guy that wrecked it had been driving with no front brakes and ran into something. He then borrowed money from his girlfriend to buy and rebuild the 350 and trans that came with it,and they split,he didn't pay her back,so she put it up for sale in the local paper.

A friend talked me into pulling the rebuilt 350 apart to check it out,and damned if it didn't have the wrong size main bearings in it. I ended up putting 10 to 1 flat top pistons in it with Dart 2 iron heads,and a 3/4 competition cams hydraulic cam and dual quads. A friend of mine made the arrangements to have the engine balanced and blueprinted by Ricky Rudds speed shop.

I was about 500 bucks and a couple of weeks away from being able to drive it when I started getting sick with Agent Orange,so it is still sitting in my shop with the 60's style paint job still on it. My plans were/are to paint it baby blue,and drive it around with a "4 sale/taking offers" sign in the window.

I just can't justify keeping a car that expensive to drive around. I have some photos of it both before and after on a disc somewhere and I will post them here is you are interested in looking at a late 40's style hot rod deuce coupe.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 02:17:09 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Have one of them,too. Channeled 5 window originally built in the late 40's with an extended chassis and dropped "Dago" front axle in a "suicide front end" set up. I bought it from the former girl friend of the guy that bought and wrecked it. The chassis was both twisted and bent,and I had to have new frame rails built to slide over the stubs of the old chassis. I got a "rebuilt" 350/350 with it and paid 2500 bucks for it all. The guy that wrecked it had been driving with no front brakes and ran into something. He then borrowed money from his girlfriend to buy and rebuild the 350 and trans that came with it,and they split,he didn't pay her back,so she put it up for sale in the local paper.

A friend talked me into pulling the rebuilt 350 apart to check it out,and damned if it didn't have the wrong size main bearings in it. I ended up putting 10 to 1 flat top pistons in it with Dart 2 iron heads,and a 3/4 competition cams hydraulic cam and dual quads. A friend of mine made the arrangements to have the engine balanced and blueprinted by Ricky Rudds speed shop.

I was about 500 bucks and a couple of weeks away from being able to drive it when I started getting sick with Agent Orange,so it is still sitting in my shop with the 60's style paint job still on it. My plans were/are to paint it baby blue,and drive it around with a "4 sale/taking offers" sign in the window.

I just can't justify keeping a car that expensive to drive around. I have some photos of it both before and after on a disc somewhere and I will post them here is you are interested in looking at a late 40's style hot rod deuce coupe.

You are a lucky man. I fell in love with one my buddy had down in KC Bright yellow, with classic flames, fat side pipes under the running boards, and a modest rake. The flames were done right, and even with the hood off (which is normal), they look just right.

But the thing that really turned me on was that he built custom fenders over the 50s he had out back... Just like a Harley with a fat a** has that female figure going on, the same thing with that Deuce. Those fat back fenders made that car. I think he tucked the 50s some... tubbed just enough to get the 50s under the body a touch... but man that thing sat pretty... And it went like a scalded dog btw.  :beer:

It don't matter now... I don't think I can bend my carcass into it anymore. I passed on a 56 chevy pickup a while back - I love them things all jacked up - Converted to 4wd and way up on 44s or better... But I can't bend into the dang thing sitting on the ground, so...  :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are a lucky man. I fell in love with one my buddy had down in KC Bright yellow, with classic flames, fat side pipes under the running boards, and a modest rake. The flames were done right, and even with the hood off (which is normal), they look just right.

But the thing that really turned me on was that he built custom fenders over the 50s he had out back... Just like a Harley with a fat a** has that female figure going on, the same thing with that Deuce. Those fat back fenders made that car. I think he tucked the 50s some... tubbed just enough to get the 50s under the body a touch... but man that thing sat pretty... And it went like a scalded dog btw.  :beer:

It don't matter now... I don't think I can bend my carcass into it anymore. I passed on a 56 chevy pickup a while back - I love them things all jacked up - Converted to 4wd and way up on 44s or better... But I can't bend into the dang thing sitting on the ground, so...  :shrug:

@roamer-1

"I don't think I can bend my carcass into it anymore. "

Yeah,I can identify. When I first hurt my back this time I thought it was going to be like the dozen or so times before,and it would get better,so I put up a 60 x 40 quonset hut workshop with 6 inches of concrete in the floor with wire mesh as well as rebar.

I also had a septic tank put in,running hot and cold water,and a 12 x30 "office" with a shower,toilet,and sink. Even ran wi-fi out there and had ac and heat put in.

Then I started buying the tools of my dreams as well as rare parts I wanted for project cars as they became available. Even bought stuff like a MIG welder,a plasma cutter,and a body/chassis rotisserie so I could spin the cars around and be able to cut and weld on them while sitting or standing.

Not to mention more project cars.

Hell,I would buy more project cars just to have an excuse to make another road trip. Went over 2,000 miles to buy the all-original running and driving 38 humpback.

Drove to North Dakota to buy the 38 IHC pu I was driving until the radiator exploded. Wanna have some fun,try to find a good used radiator for a 38 IHC pu. Or even anybody that re-manufactures them. I hated taking that one off the road. It was my semi-daily driver I used to haul trash to the dump,and i just liked driving it.

HEY! It gave me something to do. Truth to tell,I liked working on them more than I liked driving them. Hell,I just liked working.

My back would get better and I would work on them,and then it would get bad again,and I would just dream about being able to work on them again.

Then I came down with 3 different types of cancer. In remission now thanks to some experimental pills my cancer doc gave me,but all this has taken a toll on my energy as well as my flexibility. Not to mention that I seem to keep getting older instead of younger.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer-1

"I don't think I can bend my carcass into it anymore. "

Yeah,I can identify. When I first hurt my back this time I thought it was going to be like the dozen or so times before,and it would get better,so I put up a 60 x 40 quonset hut workshop with 6 inches of concrete in the floor with wire mesh as well as rebar.

I also had a septic tank put in,running hot and cold water,and a 12 x30 "office" with a shower,toilet,and sink. Even ran wi-fi out there and had ac and heat put in.

Then I started buying the tools of my dreams as well as rare parts I wanted for project cars as they became available. Even bought stuff like a MIG welder,a plasma cutter,and a body/chassis rotisserie so I could spin the cars around and be able to cut and weld on them while sitting or standing.

Not to mention more project cars.

Hell,I would buy more project cars just to have an excuse to make another road trip. Went over 2,000 miles to buy the all-original running and driving 38 humpback.

Drove to North Dakota to buy the 38 IHC pu I was driving until the radiator exploded. Wanna have some fun,try to find a good used radiator for a 38 IHC pu. Or even anybody that re-manufactures them. I hated taking that one off the road. It was my semi-daily driver I used to haul trash to the dump,and i just liked driving it.

HEY! It gave me something to do. Truth to tell,I liked working on them more than I liked driving them. Hell,I just liked working.

My back would get better and I would work on them,and then it would get bad again,and I would just dream about being able to work on them again.

Then I came down with 3 different types of cancer. In remission now thanks to some experimental pills my cancer doc gave me,but all this has taken a toll on my energy as well as my flexibility. Not to mention that I seem to keep getting older instead of younger.

@sneakypete
Same kinda thing... Only for me it is fighting to get my body back after the atrophy of sitting in a wheelchair for seven years. A miracle right from Yah put me back on my feet - But that don't make me go yet.

I ran out of fun tickets building this place... Went a little over on the house - didn't see replacing the plate and rim joist almost all the way around... Didn't see that coming, as well as digging out the crawlspace and replacing about half the floor. But one way or another, I ate up the money that would have got the shop up and dried in.

Too bad, that. Because if I had those four walls and a little hydraulics and pneumatics, I could easy make the shop do what I can't. Had visions of a bridge crane and hydraulic lifts in the benches... Sounds a whole lot like your story.

Hindsight 20/20 and all that.

I keep fighting to get it back, and then breaking something, having to sit forever to heal and then getting back up right where I was when I started.

Bought that property up in the holler, and got it started, then tore out my knee and got up too fast and tore it out again... Then lockdowns, and smoke all last summer... Heck I am probably a year off from even getting back up there again. If I don't get a move on, winter's gonna get here and leave me sitting again for 6 months.

And oddly enough, I too have noticed I am getting older rather than younger (must be something we're eating), and every time I get around to getting back up, with all the work and pain of it, every time it is getting harder to do.

Folks say I am stubborn. Well maybe so... I will keep trying to get up till I die.

Funny thing, it works out the easiest thing for me to get into is my Dodge Caravan. I can just poke my upper half all the way in and turn a little bit and I am half in the seat already.

Second best is my lifted square body. I know it sounds weird, but so long as I can hike my leg up to catch the front lower corner of the door jamb, I have an 'oh Jesus!' handle that turned out to be in just the right place... So I grab that and heave myself in... And because of the angle, I really don't have to bend much till my butt is already on the seat.

But getting into a car is flat not going to happen. And a regular sized pickup is an act of congress.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 03:59:04 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
Same kinda thing... Only for me it is fighting to get my body back after the atrophy of sitting in a wheelchair for seven years. A miracle right from Yah put me back on my feet - But that don't make me go yet.

@roamer_1

BTW,do yourself a solid and buy a "IBRO 6 inch Quick Locking Weight Lifting Belt for Men and Women," from Amazon.

Cost 15 bucks each and worth it's weight in gold. Ignore the description that tells you it is strictly for weight-lifting and not for injured backs. I used to buy the thin crap everybody sells for back support with the I flat steel thin rods in them,and they only last a couple of weeks before the rods get bent and punch holes in the nylon.

These have no nylon,and they are VERY thick  and stiff. Unlike most belts,these have an extension that runs down your back to really help your lower back support and ease back pain. I am wearing one now.

I like them so well I ended up buying three of them. One to keep in the house,1 to keep in the car,and one to wear. That way I always have one handy if I need it.

Half the time I go to sleep wearing one.

The only draw back I can find to them is they can really irritate bare skin,so you have to wear

They make the pain of a pinched nerve on both sides of my back bearable.

This will be the best 15 bucks you  are likely to ever spend if you have a bad back and/or pinched nerves in your back.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 05:34:30 am by sneakypete »

Offline roamer_1

BTW,do yourself a solid and buy a "IBRO 6 inch Quick Locking Weight Lifting Belt for Men and Women," from Amazon.

@sneakypete

Thanks for that... I was thinking that way already, and now I have a recommendation.  :beer:

[...]
They make the pain of a pinched nerve on both sides of my back bearable.

This will be the best 15 bucks you  are likely to ever spend if you have a bad back and/or pinched nerves in your back.

As a matter of fact, I am just coming on that right now... Walking is the whole deal right now, till I get my core back close to normal... I am past getting my hips to work - groin and glute muscles and tendons are getting back to normal... Next step is flaming sciatica down both legs to the heels... I feel that coming on now... not bad yet, but I know what's coming... Screaming pain for a while...

And if I can bull through it for the next few weeks, it will fade off, and then it will be my back - till the lateral muscles get strengthened enough to hold everything straight, my back will go out every time I so much as fart... But, once I can do a mile every-other-day, I start coming back together and it gets easy, as my core will be back together enough to matter.

Been through all that already, twice, and got to just shy of five miles last time, able to throw a load of bales, did a bunch of Alaska milling out at the homestead, built a tool shed up there, and whatnot... So I know the trail that far out. Still a loooong way from being me.

Thanks again for the recommendation - I appreciate it, especially as timely as it happened to be!
 :beer:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hope it works as well for you as it does me.