Author Topic: Biden admin: Medical marijuana users shouldn’t have 2A rights; are ‘dangerous criminals’  (Read 3304 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by  Liz George August 10, 2022

The Biden administration argued this week that medical marijuana users should not be allowed to possess firearms because they are engaged in “criminal activity” that makes them “dangerous,” according to a Florida lawsuit challenging the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) gun ban for users of medical marijuana.

Nikki Fried, head of the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, sued the federal government earlier this year — on April 20 — in an effort to restore medical marijuana users’ Second Amendment rights. Florida law permits “medical use of marijuana by a qualifying patient or caregiver,” but the ATF’s regulatory definition of unlawful drug users includes medical marijuana.

“Possession of illegal drugs, including marijuana, is a federal crime,” the Biden administration asserted in a motion to dismiss the case. “Florida’s government recognizes that marijuana use impairs judgment, cognition, and physical coordination, including ‘the ability to think, judge, and reason,’ precisely the types of impairments that make it dangerous for a person to possess firearms.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/biden-admin-medical-marijuana-users-shouldnt-have-2a-rights-are-dangerous-criminals/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I kinda saw that coming....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

Robert Schmad • August 10, 2022 4:39 pm

The Biden administration is defending a federal ban on gun-ownership for medical marijuana users, urging a federal judge to dismiss a challenge to the statute.

Medical marijuana users should be prohibited from owning guns because the substance impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence, lawyers for the Justice Department argued. Florida agricultural commissioner Nikki Fried (D.) is spearheading the lawsuit against the government for its prohibition on people who consume cannabis products with a prescription from owning firearms.

"I'm suing the Biden administration because people's rights are being limited," the commissioner said in April after filing the suit. "Medical marijuana is legal. Guns are legal. This is about people's rights and their freedoms to responsibly have both."

<..snip..>

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-no-guns-for-weed-smokers/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

Robert Schmad • August 10, 2022 4:39 pm

The Biden administration is defending a federal ban on gun-ownership for medical marijuana users, urging a federal judge to dismiss a challenge to the statute.

Medical marijuana users should be prohibited from owning guns because the substance impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence, lawyers for the Justice Department argued. Florida agricultural commissioner Nikki Fried (D.) is spearheading the lawsuit against the government for its prohibition on people who consume cannabis products with a prescription from owning firearms.

"I'm suing the Biden administration because people's rights are being limited," the commissioner said in April after filing the suit. "Medical marijuana is legal. Guns are legal. This is about people's rights and their freedoms to responsibly have both."

<..snip..>

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/biden-no-guns-for-weed-smokers/
Ok, I don't give a crap what people do in their homes, whether it's pot or some other drug, just don't get on the road and be a hazard. That being said the Biden ministry of justus is so full of shit with this argument but I understand what they are doing and where they are going with it. If they can eliminate all the people that use medical marijuana(how nice that there is a record of who they are) how long until they go after every American that uses legal prescription medications that also have the potential of impairing "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" as backdoor gun control and disarmament. How long until they start going after certain people who use alcohol because it also impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence,.

We have a communist regime in power in America and I no longer feel they believe there is anything they find untouchable with their control of all three constitutional branches plus the de facto fourth branch called media.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:19:29 pm by GtHawk »

Offline Kamaji

Ok, I don't give a crap what people do in their homes, whether it's pot or some other drug, just don't get on the road and be a hazard. That being said the Biden ministry of justus is so full of shit with this argument but I understand what they are doing and where they are going with it. If they can eliminate all the people that use medical marijuana(how nice that there is a record of who they are) how long until they go after every American that uses legal prescription medications that also have the potential of impairing "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" as backdoor gun control and disarmament. How long until they start going after certain people who use alcohol because it also impairs the "judgment, cognition, and physical coordination" of those under its influence,.

We have a communist regime in power in America and I no longer feel they believe there is anything they find untouchable with their control of all three constitutional branches plus the de facto fourth branch called media.

That may be the angle they're trying to tee up with this argument.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... but other types of criminals get to keep their guns.   8888crybaby

Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see an exception clause for ganja.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Seems weed smokers would be the last demographic to go out and go on a shooting spree.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Seems weed smokers would be the last demographic to go out and go on a shooting spree.

Yup.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
THIS is supposed to help him win Dim voters?

On what planet?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@GtHawk

I hadn't even thought of that,and damned if you didn't nail it right out of the box!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

@DefiantMassRINO

See GTHawk's reply number 3 on this page.

Offline Kamaji

Second Amendment

That's because you didn't look in the Rainbow Unicorn Article of the Constitution.  The same one that says the DOJ is a separate branch of the federal government and not part of the executive branch (as per the current White House press secretary).

Online berdie

I initially thought the recent push to federally legalize grass had to do with tax income. There could be something more nefarious afoot.

Offline GtHawk

I initially thought the recent push to federally legalize grass had to do with tax income. There could be something more nefarious afoot.
The Stasi always have an ulterior motive and even when you think you have found it there will always be another deeper and one below that. The fascists have had decades to hone their skills, where do you think the homosexuals learned their lessons in normalizing their mental illness?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There goes the black vote and the college vote.

Offline roamer_1

[...] just don't get on the road and be a hazard. [...]

So sidewalks are alright then... Asking for a friend.  happy77

Offline GtHawk

So sidewalks are alright then... Asking for a friend.  happy77
If you're not driving/riding anything with wheels, yeah I would say so. I'm still big enough that most people would bounce off :tongue2:

Offline roamer_1

If you're not driving/riding anything with wheels, yeah I would say so.

Oh... That's different.  :whistle:

:laugh:

Online mountaineer

Maybe the Dems figure that they - being stoned or otherwise occupied buying Doritos - won't bother to vote, so there's no downside in this latest pronouncement.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online corbe

Being a Stoner, my 38 is not easy to get too~due to my desire to date crazy woman.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I have been saying this all along.
I don't partake (zero tolerance where I work), heck, I don't even drink these last 33 years, but I saw the medical card as a registration of people who just waived their RKBA viz. Form 4473, for whatever reason, be it pain management, or a legal high.

I do not see that restriction being lifted, even if marijuana is (Federally) legalized, just a change in the wording on the form:

Currently:
Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

Likely alteration:
Are you a user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?

Nothing the government seems to grant is free of strings or without cost, hidden or otherwise. This would eliminate about 1/8 of the population from gun ownership, and those are just those who admit on the surveys they use (whose 'spidey sense' doesn't tingle at the question). If drug testing were implemented, because of the latency involved, virtually anyone who had copped a buzz in the last month (which would include occasional users, the weed version of social drinkers) would find their RKBA forfeit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I would imagine it is quite the opposite. Right now most the drug dealer thugs doing the city shooting are.... partaking... and proud of it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I would imagine it is quite the opposite. Right now most the drug dealer thugs doing the city shooting are.... partaking... and proud of it.

I see that way back when I was an occasional user, I would have been stereotyped as a drug dealer thug.

Offline Kamaji

One might imagine that, but in actuality, most pot-smokers are laid back, and more interested in trying to find something in the house to satisfy the munchies than in getting aggro or violent.  Alcohol is a bigger problem for aggression and violence than pot is.

If that weren't the case, then places like Amsterdam would be violent hellholes, given the large pot-smoking culture there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The DNC just lost the black vote.