Author Topic: Inflation has shoppers fearing back-to-school items will strain budgets  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 8 hours ago
Inflation has shoppers fearing back-to-school items will strain budgets
Back-to-school expenses are even more jarring for middle-income households this year

By Daniella Genovese FOXBusiness

Shoppers getting squeezed by inflation are worried back-to-school shopping will further strain their already tight budgets, according to a recent Bankrate report.

This fear is pushing most consumers, specifically middle-income households, to rely on money-saving tactics to offset these costs, according to a Bankrate survey of over 2,400 U.S. adults.

Of those surveyed, 41% revealed that inflation, which climbed 8.5% in July, will change the way they shop for the 2022-2023 school year. Nearly all of these shoppers — about 95% — are employing money-saving strategies.

This year, families with children in elementary through high school will spend an estimated average of $864 on school items, according to the National Retail Federation.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/inflation-shoppers-fearing-back-school-shopping-strain-budgets
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Inflation has shoppers fearing back-to-school items will strain budgets
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 03:47:29 pm »
The president said yes yesterday we have zero inflation?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Inflation has shoppers fearing back-to-school items will strain budgets
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 04:08:55 pm »
Thrift stores and resale shops are  great options. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.