Author Topic: Trump raid could warrant AG Garland's impeachment, Rand Paul says: 'This is beyond the pale'  (Read 420 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump raid could warrant AG Garland's impeachment, Rand Paul says: 'This is beyond the pale'

Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., demanded an investigation Wednesday into the Department of Justice and the FBI over the raid on President Trump's Florida home. On "Fox & Friends," Paul argued Attorney General Merrick Garland could face impeachment if an investigation finds him guilty of misusing his office.

SEN. RAND PAUL: Without question, I think the order to allow the raid on Mar-a-Lago on Trump's house has to be revealed. I think we have to know under what pretense they think this is right? I think it's going to have to wait until November till there's a full investigation. And I've never been a fan of overusing impeachment, but I think there has to be an investigation. And if it warrants it, there's going to have to be a look at whether or not the attorney general has misused his office for political purposes. Have they gone after a political opponent? I mean, this is beyond the pale. No one would have ever imagined before that we would be using or one political party would be using the FBI to attack their political opponents. Now, this is really something that's going to require an investigation. And I wouldn't be surprised if the investigation leads to abuse of power that this could even lead to an impeachment of the attorney general............

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-raid-warrant-ag-garlands-impeachment-rand-paul-says-beyond-pale
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
IMO Trump should sue.

Prehaps; but more of what happened needs to play out and be exposed. In the past his team of attorneys have much to be desired and I find that concerning.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Agree with Senator Paul; Garland should be impeached.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Agree with Senator Paul; Garland should be impeached.

BFD. Trump was impeached twice. Clinton was impeached once. And they were much bigger fish.

Offline Kamaji

BFD. Trump was impeached twice. Clinton was impeached once. And they were much bigger fish.

Impeached and removed.  That loosen the knot in your undies?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Impeached and removed.  That loosen the knot in your undies?

But that's my point, where do you get the 16 Democrats to vote to remove Garland? IMO if a Judge rules that Garland abused his power that carries a lot more power.

But of course it's still no guarantee. Bubba was convicted of perjury by a judge and escaped removal too.