Author Topic: Trump says he’ll be questioned in New York investigation into finances  (Read 7003 times)

Offline Hoodat

Ha,ha....it's hilarious to see you people twist yourselves into pretzels rationalizing Trump taking the fifth. But go ahead...don't let me stop you.

At least we have integrity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

At least we have integrity.
Oh, sure thing. You're backing an incorrigible liar who can't stop lying and deceiving.
 Make sure you send Donny more money for his new jet airplane. A quarter of a billion wasn't enough I guess.

Offline aligncare

Oh, sure thing. You're backing an incorrigible liar who can't stop lying and deceiving.
 Make sure you send Donny more money for his new jet airplane. A quarter of a billion wasn't enough I guess.

Admit it, you personally know nothing about Donald Trump the man, only what you’ve been feed by the willing accomplices in the media—and they all read off the same script provided by the DNC. He’s nothing like you described. Trying reading accounts of Donald Trump from the people who were personally acquainted with the man for years; you’ll get a truer picture of him.

On second thought, don’t. You’ll be happier in your cocoon of ignorance. After all, you don’t want to accidentally fry your cognitive dissonance meter.

Offline Hoodat

misread that
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 12:58:13 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Admit it, you personally know nothing about Donald Trump the man, only what you’ve been feed by the willing accomplices in the media—and they all read off the same script provided by the DNC. He’s nothing like you described. Trying reading accounts of Donald Trump from the people who were personally acquainted with the man for years; you’ll get a truer picture of him.

On second thought, don’t. You’ll be happier in your cocoon of ignorance. After all, you don’t want to accidentally fry your cognitive dissonance meter.

:thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

Ha,ha....it's hilarious to see you people twist yourselves into pretzels rationalizing Trump taking the fifth. But go ahead...don't let me stop you.

Donald Trump does have the right plead the fifth

But his past statements about those that plead the fifth amendment have come back to haunt him. There’s no spinning that away

@goatprairie
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

@goatprairie do you know for a fact that he is lying??? If so, what proof do you have??  Do you know him personally or know of someone who is close to him?

One things is for sure President Trump had this country headed in a more positive direction. Perhaps you like Joe's policies; inflation, energy dependence, empty shelves, weaponized IRS agents, CRISIS AT THE BORDER, and the recent Inflation Reduction Act??? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

But his past statements about those that plead the fifth amendment have come back to haunt him. There’s no spinning that away

@goatprairie

Actually, no they don't.  Which is why they had to mischaracterize what he said by inventing a new narrative.  Trump's earlier comments were about witnesses, not about the subject of the investigation (which he is).  So it is a completely different scenario.  Sure, Trump is open to criticism for exercising his right against self-incrimination to a hostile prosecutor itching for something to convict him on.  But his comments in 2016 were spot on.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

What pretzels?  Trump originally made the same stupid statement that most people make about the fifth, and he has now publicly corrected himself and said he now sees why it’s an important right.

Offline LMAO

What pretzels?  Trump originally made the same stupid statement that most people make about the fifth, and he has now publicly corrected himself and said he now sees why it’s an important right.

Of course it’s an important right and he has every right to plead the fifth

But it is fair to point out his hypocrisy that it only became valuable when he needed it
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:04:16 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

Of course it’s an important right and he has every right to plead the fifth

But it is fair to point out his hypocrisy that it only became valuable when he needed it

Seriously -- this is the least of our worries in this country -- Trump pleading the fifth of which he had every right to do.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Now just be honest...what if this were HRC, Biden, Obama, or any of number of Dem pols who said what Trump said six years ago and then took the fifth when put on the stand?
You be laughing hysterically  and ripping them a new one, wouldn't you?
But since it's Trump you give him a pass.
Why?

Yep.

This reminds me of the argument I had with a Biden supporter back during 2016 campaign who tried to explain away the hypocrisy when Joe Biden once said something to the effect that if a woman is willing to come forward with an accusation of sexual assault, she should be believed until he was accused

@goatprairie
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 01:27:45 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline aligncare

Seriously -- this is the least of our worries in this country -- Trump pleading the fifth of which he had every right to do.

In an environment where for seven years he’s been ceaselessly attacked with false assertions and characterizations from both the right and the left; and now being hounded by a powerful, corrupted law enforcement agency with bogus criminal charges — damn straight plead the fifth, no matter what anyone might think.

Offline libertybele

In an environment where for seven years he’s been ceaselessly attacked with false assertions and characterizations from both the right and the left; and now being hounded by a powerful, corrupted law enforcement agency with bogus criminal charges — damn straight plead the fifth, no matter what anyone might think.

888high58888

Offline Hoodat

No, that's not what happened.  In 2016, Trump made a comment about witnesses who plead the Fifth - not about people being investigated who plead the Fifth.  Huge difference.  Besides, Trump pled the fifth in one of his divorce proceedings.  So this isn't some new thing he did.

I would highly recommend to everyone to go back and see what Trump actually said and the context of his words before buying some false left-wing narrative posted here by @goatprairie .

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goatprairie

You mean Donald Trump the man who has been lying about losing for close to two years now? The man who instigated a riot at our nation's capital resulting in over 100 cops injured and five people dead in the aftermath? The man who sat on his can for three hours watching a riot while his flunkies begged him to address the rioters and try to stop the riot?
The man who conspired to send fake electors to the certification?
The man who bilked his followers out of quarter of a billion dollars to supposedly fight the election result but instead spend much of it on cronies and other things?
That Trump?

Offline goatprairie

Donald Trump does have the right plead the fifth

@goatprairie
Thank you for the acknowledgement...that's all I'm looking for.

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie do you know for a fact that he is lying??? If so, what proof do you have??  Do you know him personally or know of someone who is close to him?

One things is for sure President Trump had this country headed in a more positive direction. Perhaps you like Joe's policies; inflation, energy dependence, empty shelves, weaponized IRS agents, CRISIS AT THE BORDER, and the recent Inflation Reduction Act???
I voted for Trump twice. He had more good policies than bad ones. If he had acknowledged that he lost in 2020 and promised to clean up his act and do better, I would have considered voting for him if he had gotten the nomination again in 2024.
But after lying about losing for almost two years and Jan 6 and his other shenanigans like the fake elector scam?
No thank you. That's quite enough for me of Donald J. Trump.

Offline goatprairie

Oh, I'm sure you would have excused Obama, HRC, or Biden if they had said the same thing, right?  :silly:

Offline goatprairie

No, that's not what happened.  In 2016, Trump made a comment about witnesses who plead the Fifth - not about people being investigated who plead the Fifth.  Huge difference.  Besides, Trump pled the fifth in one of his divorce proceedings.  So this isn't some new thing he did.

I would highly recommend to everyone to go back and see what Trump actually said and the context of his words before buying some false left-wing narrative posted here by @goatprairie .
Yeah, that's me the person who voted for Trump twice....I confess....I'm just and out and out leftist.  8888crybaby

Offline Hoodat

Who said you were a leftist?  Stop playing victim.  It's what leftists do.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You mean Donald Trump the man who has been lying about losing for close to two years now? The man who instigated a riot at our nation's capital resulting in over 100 cops injured and five people dead in the aftermath? The man who sat on his can for three hours watching a riot while his flunkies begged him to address the rioters and try to stop the riot?
The man who conspired to send fake electors to the certification?
The man who bilked his followers out of quarter of a billion dollars to supposedly fight the election result but instead spend much of it on cronies and other things?
That Trump?

I voted for Trump twice.

Ah, yeah ... about pointing-up  this voting twice thing   ------ I'm going to need the receipts.   Thanks.

Offline LMAO

Thank you for the acknowledgement...that's all I'm looking for.

Well, you are right. And even after you provided his past statement re: the 5th  you’ve either been attacked as an individual or had people try to “explain” what he really said

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No surprise there. They pretty much HAVE to question him after seizing documents on a raid of his house. They need to try to justify what they have done.

Damn good thing he has the money to hire top lawyers,because I SUSPECT that  if they can't find something incriminating,they will try to create it.

Seems to ME this is just a part of a major campaign by the Dims to do anything they can do to try to keep him from running for President again.

And they don't care how far they have to go or how much it costs,because unlike Trump,THEY won't be paying any law firms out of their own pockets because THEY will be spending tax dollars.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Well, you are right. And even after you provided his past statement re: the 5th

Nope.  That didn't happen.  Only a portion of Trumps words were offered out of context for the purpose of pushing a false narrative.  The full context of Trump's statement has been offered on this thread several times that contradict that false narrative.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-